Saturday 12 October 2013

October 12, 2013

Welcome to my blog.  This is a new adventure for me. I'll be rambling on about my very ordinary life and including photos of my house, my garden, my projects, and whatever else.
 These are mostly succulents that are up against the back of the house, being the South side, so they get more sunshine than the rest of the yard. We are surrounded by very large trees that are wonderful for privacy but also limit the sunshine.

 Love Foxgloves! They self-seed prolifically and don't mind the shade at all. In the background you see some of the many birdhouses my DH has built. The little fences? They are to keep my naughty Black Lab out of the flowerbeds. Although he really could just step over them he doesn't.  Hmmmm. Maybe he isn't JUST naughty.
Sweet Autumn Clematis covers the long pergola that splits the backyard in two areas.  It's like a huge snowbank that grows right up against the house and partially blocks a window in Fall.

It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and my children and their families will all come for Thanksgiving meal on Monday. We're so fortunate as they all live in this area and we see them often. In fact  our middle son and his wife and two young children share our house and keep us from getting bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment