Saturday 21 June 2014

Welcome Summer

We had a lovely sunshiny day to celebrate this first day of Summer. The air was warm and there was a light breeze...perfect.  It being Saturday we were off to see what we could find at garage sales. I know I keep saying I should stop buying more dishes ( especially tea cups)  but buy more is just what I did. I justified this purchase since all proceeds from this gs were going to mission work in Mexico.



    
          Don't these pieces look nice on my sideboard?  Sorry about me in the mirror. Didn't think about  the reflection.  Also, notice the roses?  I have a very old Queen Elizabeth Rose way in the back yard, neglected because she always loses her leaves. But the blooms keep coming. ( That's a sprig of Mint that I stuck in with the flowers).

    This cute tea pot caught my eye and I think it will be great for a Spring vignette, don't you?


When I came home from the garage sales I went through my cupboards and got rid of a huge box of dishes I no longer wanted. See how much room I managed to make?  We took the box to the thrift store right away before I could change my mind.


At the same gs where I bought the tea set  I also spied these handles and I just know someday they will be part of a project that I have yet to dream up.

        

     I will get a lot of use out of this little metal tray with raised sides. Only .50
 

I can always use another storage piece. This one is wire and wicker and for now at least will be out on the porch.
 

                             One more peek at my roses and that's it for today.


                                                        Granny Marigold

1 comment:

  1. Hi Granny M! You're smart to take the box of giveaways to the charity shop immediately. I always look through the boxes one more time before I drop them off.
    Your tea things are so lovely! I like your finds, too!

    ReplyDelete