Tuesday 15 July 2014

The Tale of a Quilt

A few weeks ago at a garage sale I spotted this black and white quilt. You know how crazy I am about quilts and this one was so different with the black fabric mainly denim and all the fancy stuff making it pretty.  It was not very big, 41 inches square to be exact.  The price was ten dollars and I couldn't justify buying it so I left it there ( reluctantly).  Imagine my surprise when yesterday I dropped in at one of my favourite thrift stores and saw the quilt hanging there with a price tag of $2.50 !!  Guess no one wanted it so at the end of the g.s. the leftovers went to the thrift store.  You can imagine I grabbed it up and stuck it in my basket so fast.   It's perfect for the bench on the porch where I already had a black throw and pillows.  I've taken a couple of pics of the detail so you can see why I love it.




Are you having a good week?  I hope it is cooler where you are because it sure is hot here. I was out early with my DH getting some of that compost spread. By ten o'clock it was just too hot to be out in the sunshine. Oh well, guess this is what summer is all about. I do hope we get some rain soon though because I'm only watering select plants and the others are starting to look stressed.

                                                                                                          GRANNY MARIGOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment