Wednesday 1 October 2014

October

So here we are, once more at the beginning of a new month. Our weather is very fallish; the air has that feeling of chilliness and the air in the park where I walk smells of fallen leaves.  We are supposed to get sunshine today and tomorrow so I'll do more cutting down and tidying up outside. I think we have close to a dozen different Clematis and at least half are the kind you cut down before winter sets in.  I have my work cut out for me.

I really love the illustrations in The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady so I've included them here for your enjoyment. Happy October.







2 comments:

  1. I use to have that book. Loved it then lost it in a move from Alberta to Manitoba. Nice pictures. Makes one want to take up drawing and painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the lovely paintings! Another book to put on my wish list! :) I'm enjoying the fall weather, too. I don't mind putting on more layers of clothing. I prefer that to too much heat! :)

    ReplyDelete