Thursday 6 November 2014

A windy Day





It has been a very windy day and the wind shows no sign of abating!  So far we've been lucky and had no power outage. When I walked this morning I found the wind exhilarating and was able to walk farther than my usual walk in less time. That surprised me.  Leaves were flying around and the flocks of geese taking off from the lake were having a bit of difficulty.  A few raindrops fell during the day but mostly the wind blew clouds by so fast they didn't have time to drop their load. Incidentally, I looked up just how much rain our area gets in a year and it is just under five feet!!   And November is our wettest month.  Happy November!!! 

                                  Granny Marigold

5 comments:


  1. HI Marigold..
    ... the wind exhilarating..Oh I know what you mean ..sometimes it is refreshing to me too..
    Have a wonderful day..love the pic of the little girl in the wind (:)
    hugs,Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi GM! My mom loves the houses you've been featuring and wanted to know more about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pom Pom.... I think I found almost all those house pictures by googling ( is that a verb?) abandoned houses. imgur.com and curbed.com were sites I liked. Unless your mom means the pics of houses I myself took. Those would be either in B.C. ( where I live) or in Montana and Idaho where we used to travel. I hope this helps your mom.

      Delete
  3. VERY windy here last night. I love to listen to the wind! (GM, would you consider choosing a lighter color for your blog text? I'm having difficulty reading it.) ;) Five feet of rain!?! Hard to imagine! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry about the colour of the text. Have fixed that.

      Delete