Friday 21 November 2014

More Baking

It's such a rainy day, perfect for some baking. I have had a package of Puff  Pastry in the freezer forever and today was the day to use it. My sister told me she had used puff pastry to make butter tarts with great results. ( Both my sisters are fantastic bakers but the requisite gene missed me). So my butter tarts are a little disappointing. I don't know what I failed to do but in any case they are edible.
 



 I didn't have enough raisin filling so I put chopped almonds in some and  then in the last three I put chopped chocolate bars left over from Halloween.
 

The ones with the chocolate really cooked over but I think the grandchildren will love them.
 

Another boxed mix I've had for a long time was a Duncan Hines carrot cake mix. When I looked at the dry mixture I couldn't see any carrots to speak of so added 2 cups of grated carrots and some dried cranberries in addition to the required ingredients. I think they'll be pretty good, especially with cream cheese icing, don't you think so?
 

So that's what I've been doing today. I hope you're having a productive Friday.

                  GRANNY MARIGOLD


1 comment:

  1. Those butter tarts look delicious. One of my daughters-in-law loves the kind where the filling comes over the edge and caramelizes. If she sees one she'll always pick it first. ys

    ReplyDelete