Wednesday 3 December 2014

This and That

This photo captures a rare moment as my little grandson sits in wonder gazing at the tree. He doesn't often sit still. Notice he's only got one sock on.


              Here his big sister assembles the very old cardboard nativity.
 

I should probably have removed the butterflies on the wall behind but then I'd have to store it somewhere until January and I wouldn't know where to put it!!!
 

Here is the nativity we ordered through Sears about 45 years ago. Not a chip on it so far. It winds up and plays Silent Night.   The shepherd on the left is a thrift store find as are a few of the sheep. The rest I made with the help of my DH.


This set fits perfectly onto the bottom of my mom's old treadle sewing machine. Notice this year he has placed baby Jesus on the roof. ( I told him the baby needed to be near his mommy so he relented).
 


          A small glass set in the livingroom.  For a few years I collected nativity sets and now have  a number of them.
 

You can just make out the Precious Moments set also made of glass here beside my old soup tureen filled with Christmas balls that didn't make it on to the tree. 


One last one. I used to know what this one was made of but now can't remember. It's quite different. I bought this one at Ten Thousand Villages . These stores provide vital, fair income to artisans in third world countries .It is a non-profit  program of Mennonite Central Committee , a relief  development and peace agency of Mennonite churches in North America.
 

That's it for today. It's been a busy day and I'm ready to sit and relax. Hope your day has been a good one too.

              GRANNY MARIGOLD


4 comments:

  1. Love the nativity sets! That's something I'd like to collect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that photo of your Grandson! That is a keeper. :-)

    And what a lovely collection you have! With memories to go, with each one.

    Thank you for reading my blog, and leaving a comment!!!!

    And in regard to your comment here.... Oh yes, I'm with you. Wouldn't it be lovely to be able to pop into so many beautiful and old fashioned Winter Season illustrations? Oh happy sigh. :-)

    Gentle hugs,
    Tessa~
    (From this "Nana", to "Granny Marigold")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a precious photo of your grandson looking in wonder at the tree. Truly a moment well captured.
    Your nativity sets are lovely. I have a small collection of them, too, and enjoy arranging them each Christmas.
    Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh precious little one starry eyed about Christmas ..cute cute.
    Love all the nativities..I need to get mine out too..
    Hugs,Patty

    ReplyDelete