Monday 2 February 2015

CANDLEMAS

If you were reading my blog a year ago you might recall me posting very much the same thing as I'm posting today but I think it is worthwhile, and, well, it is my blog.

Today, February 2, is Candlemas. Candlemas is one of the great cross-quarter days which make up the wheel of the year.  It falls midway between the winter solstice and the spring equinox and in many traditions is considered the beginning of spring.

A time of new beginnings
Main element of decor is obvious ( I couldn't find a photo of candles  so I chose one of Hellebores. They're very much a sign of spring.)


This is a photo of last year's Hellebores. This year's are only about six inches high yet but show promise of lots of flowers!!

Thanks for visiting.  It's always lovely to read your comments.  ..... hint.... hint.....

     Granny Marigold

2 comments:

  1. I'm all for it being the beginning of spring! The Hellebores are very unusual flowers. I've never seen them before. I like them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to make sure we consider meeting next time I go to Washington! It seemed much more springlike there (snow here!) and my mom kept saying spring is coming! We planted some nasturtiums in her flowerbed.

    ReplyDelete