Fall

Fall

Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Thrifty Tuesday


My DH was meeting his brothers for coffee this morning and the place they were meeting was very close to the thrift store so I tagged along and had my own fun. I'm not sure that these finds were exactly thrifty because they were all unnecessary but I was treating myself to pretty, howbeit useless things!  And they were cheap to begin with and seniors get 30% off Tuesdays.

I love these hand painted wine glasses. I don't mind at all that they can't be put in the dishwasher. 
I had to buy all three because that's how they were priced 3 for 2.99 minus the discount. I love the polka-dotted base.



     Yes, I know, yet another teddy bear!  But she is extra cute, don't you think?  Fully jointed too.
 

Imagine finding a Fancy Nancy in French!   ( My grands are in French Immersion and I'm always on the look out for books they like in French).


My youngest son happened to come by when I was unpacking my treasures. He thought this piece was half chamber pot and half watering can. It is quite large. ( And what does he know about chamber pots anyway??)  Again, the only reason I got it was because I like it. My treat to myself!!
It also was very inexpensive. ( Who else would see any potential in it??)
 

I try not to bring anything home that I won't have a space for so to prove that this one has a spot I'm posting the pic of the cupboard it now resides in.
 

That's my day so far. I think a nice walk in the park would do me good right about now. The rain has stopped and I should be home before school is out. We live close to three schools...elementary through high school so around 2:30 it gets kind of crazy with kids everywhere.  Hope your day is a fine one!!

             Granny Marigold


No comments:

Post a Comment