Friday 19 June 2015

Flowers on Friday

A quick visit to the nursery this morning where the 11" mixed planters were on sale. It was hard to choose but I did get these two. I have no idea what half the different flowers are but I just enjoy them.


 DH was intrigued by this cucumber plant ( which has a number of small cukes hanging down , as you can see). It will be interesting to see how big they'll get and whether they'll be tasty.

This cucumber/gourd volunteer has lovely leaves the likes of which I've not seen before. Another mystery plant.


On the way back from the plant shop we stopped at a roadside stand and bought blueberries. 20 pounds for $30.  Now I'm off to wash and freeze them.  This early variety is not as sweet as the later ones but still very good tasting. I like that the blueberry season is long because of the different kinds.


Thanks for visiting.       Granny Marigold

5 comments:

  1. Do you have a green thumb, or what! Your flowers and all the plants are so pretty! That is a nice looking cucumber plant! Wonder how large those cucumbers will get?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking they won't be very big because the plant's stem or stalk isn't all that thick and even tied to a stick like it is it would fall over! DH did put it into a bigger pot and gave it compost so who knows what we'll get?

      Delete
  2. I like the upright posture of that cuke plant. Clean cucumbers! Such pretty plants. Thanks for the photos. And a freezer full of blueberries! Treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty blueberries! I love the cucs! Will you make pickles?

    ReplyDelete