Tuesday 2 February 2016

Garden Shed

I haven't been posting often lately mainly because I have been feeling less than great. Nevertheless, life goes on, and my DH has been working on re-doing my garden shed. It will be smaller than before but the big garden 'tools' like the hedge clipper, even spades and rakes etc.. will not be inside any more. They will hang on the outside, under the overhang on the right of the picture. The door will now be where the small window was before.


And the door was found just today at Habitat for Humanity. They had a lot of glass doors and they were priced at $75.  Not in MY budget. I noticed some had small cracks and encouraged DH to go see if they would sell one for cheap. Yes, this one went for $25.   The fact that it is an interior door doesn't matter because it won't get rained on and the crack doesn't matter to me either.


Next on the list was trying to find a mistint paint in a turquoise or aqua colour. I had my heart set on painting the inside a nice bright aqua. I thought we'd have to wait a long time to find it but no... found it at the lumber yard today and instead of costing $42  it cost me a mere nine dollars.  On this pic the colour looks more green than aqua but it really is more to the aqua or even turquoise.


This is what my garden shed looked like last year... obviously it must have been Spring because that Clematis blooms in Spring.  Having the door on this side will be a lot handier because the door was near the part of the building that is DH's workshop and he tends to have piles of wood there.
The metal gate on the left was also a pain because I had to make sure I closed it every time I went through because of a certain Black Lab that would sneak into the flower beds. Probably looking for Slug bait which he would cheerfully eat. and get very sick.

I can hardly wait until the yard looks like this again. It's plus 7 C. today ( 44 F.) so perennials are starting to grow and also Daffodils and Crocus.  I have several small clumps of Snowdrops. They haven't spread as much as I would want but they appear each year so that's good.

Thanks for coming by. I love comments so don't hesitate to leave one. Although I don't answer each one like some faithful bloggers do, I read and enjoy each one that is left.


Granny Marigold

12 comments:

  1. How nice that you have a place to store your gardening equipment. I can't wait to see the changes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi GM! Oh, I do so hope you are feeling great soon. The garden shed is fantastic! Wow! You found some fine bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to have a garden shed! I love that new door and I can't wait till it is nicer to be outside gardening. Hope you feel better soon . Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your cute little garden shed! I hope it turns out just like you envision it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a fun project! I will be excited to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Small changes can be powerful. I'm excited for you. The shed will be wonderful, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little garden shed!! The glass door will be so pretty. I can't wait either for it to look like spring again. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you are not feeling the best. Hope this is resolved soon.
    Your garden shed is lovely. Can't wait to see the transformation!
    We have been having ridiculously warm weather for this time of year but it is to end by the weekend. I've noticed lots of our perennials up too. Hopefully we get some snow soon to cover them up.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable little garden shed. The pink clematis rambling over the top is so pretty. I am looking forward to seeing the transformation. That is, if you decide to share that with us.
    Great find on the door. It will look so nice front and center on your sweet little shed.
    So sorry to hear you are feeling bad. I hope that changes soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden shed looks so nice with the clematis blooming over it. It will look lovely with the nice new door. When you are inside with the door closed, it will let in so much light.
    I used to love HH when it first started in town, and was in the little cramped space at the west end, just down the road from where it is now. Then it got bigger and moved to the east end and now is bigger still and back at the west end. With each move their prices seemed to have gone up a fair amount. The original store was like poking around in a thrift store, and I found all sorts of little gems. Now not so much.
    I'm sorry you are not feeling so well, and hope you get it sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed, a great looking shed. We use ours as a workshop for restoring and painting old furniture. Bargain door.

    ReplyDelete