Thursday 4 February 2016

This and That



I had a lovely walk this morning. Although I carried an umbrella just in case I didn't open it. In fact later in the day the sun even came out for a while. Earlier this week while on my walk I saw a Raccoon hurrying home. Don't see them during the day very often. Wonder what delayed this one.

While I was out walking I was wondering what I should do today and I decided I'd bake a pie or two when I got back home. I had some  pie dough in the freezer that I wanted to use up. For some reason it was very hard to roll out. DH is the pie dough maker around here and this time he used the food processor instead of the old pastry cutter to work in the Tenderflake. Could that be the reason?
Anyway, I managed to get one deep dish pie plate crust made and a small 8" one. Got out the last can of Pumpkin ( bought on sale around last October) and whipped up one deep dish Pumpkin and two of the "Impossible Pumpkin pies" that are crustless.  The little 8" one I filled with Cherry Pie filling and made a crumb topping.


   Since Valentine's Day is fast approaching I hung my little wreath on the storm door.


Time to go decide what's for supper. Dessert is going to be pie, obviously.

Thanks for visiting.     Granny Marigold

16 comments:

  1. All of that from one can of pumpkin??
    You must have more pie eaters in your household than we do. I only make pie for special occasions any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the big sized can. The biggest of the pies has already been eaten ( we shared with our son and his family).
      Baking a number of pies like today reminds me of when my mother would bake pies. I had three older brothers and my mom would cut each pie in THIRDS. That was considered a 'decent' piece.

      Delete
  2. Yum! Pie! I'm going to come to your rainy land soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pies look so yummy. Maybe tomorrow I'll make a pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pies look good! I bought enough of those big cans of pumpkin when they were on sale around Thanksgiving to last me until Easter, and that's using about 2 a week!(pumpkin porridge)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing beats pie! They look so yummy. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your baking always looks perfect and delicious! You make me want to make a pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd make pie more often but it's the crust that is a pain for me. Won't roll out properly or else I can't roll it thin enough......

      Delete
  7. Your pies look delicious! I was reading through your comments and noticed you mentioned yourMom baking pies. When I saw your four pies I immediately thought of my Oma. She said it was no use making one pie, she better make six! Well, with 10 kids one pie wouldn't go far!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pumpkin is one of my favorite pies! I would have pie for supper...probably why I hardly ever make a pie:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin is a fruit, and the rest of the filling is eggs and milk ( well, some sugar too) so I declare pie as a very healthy supper.

      Delete
  9. Delicious looking pies! My husband loves pumpkin pie! I don't like making the crusts but make them anyway! LOL Enjoy! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really does look delicious, I don't think I have ever had pumpkin pie. Love the valentines wreath, I must think about a couple of décor additions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummmm
    looks so good!
    and your Valentine wreath is so sweet too.
    hugs,Patty

    ReplyDelete