Monday 6 June 2016

Paper Dolls and Hot weather


Of course paper dolls and hot weather have absolutely nothing to do with each other .  I loved paper dolls when I was little so when I saw these two sheets at a garage sale I bought them ( .50 ). I also have a number of the sheets of paper dolls that used to come in Mary Englebreit's magazine ( I think it was called Home Companion).



We have been having very hot weather and my bird bath has had a lot of traffic. On Saturday, when I took this picture, at one point there was a Robin, a Starling, a House Sparrow or two and a bush tit. 
By the time I got my camera there were only three left. The Starling is bathing so vigorously that all you really see of him is his yellow bill. It looks like it's in a big bubble.


My second oldest daughter is on holidays this week and next. She came over this morning and we had lemonade on the porch. Now it's definitely too hot out there
. I must go empty the dryer and get a bit of ironing done.

Have a great week.


       Granny Marigold

6 comments:

  1. My heart did a little skip when I saw the paper dolls. I was thinking just the other day about all the different paper dolls books I had growing up. Just about every movie star, young and old. My sister cut the clothes out and I played. I love your birdbath with the birds cooling off. It is beautiful! You always have the best posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay cool like the birds! I have some paper dolls I've been meaning to cut out for Audrey and Hazel to play with. Thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are ironing in this heat wave, you must have air conditioning!
    I do remember playing with paper dolls too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find, the paper dolls are lovely. Hope you manage to stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of the birds do seem to really get into their bathing, don't they? It's always relaxing watching whats going on at the bird "spa"

    ReplyDelete