Tuesday 26 July 2016

Thrifty treasures and a cosy porch


I visited the thrift store this morning and had a leisurely browse. Didn't find much but that's okay. It was fun.  I did find these cute little bowls. They were .25 each. I also found a Harry Potter mug for my  GD who is a big fan.


I came home with a nice stack of cooking magazines to look through while doing my porch sitting. This is my swing where I spend my free time reading and sipping tea.
This is the 'wrong' side of my old quilt. There seemed to be a lot of sunshine coming through the skylight and I didn't want the right side to fade.   I guess an antique quilt should be protected from the sun completely but I'm determined to actually use my lovely things. If they fade or get broken then that's  okay. At least I'll have the pleasure of seeing them used.




At the other end of the porch is this spot where my DH and I eat our meals in the summer. Unless we're all eating together, then we need the big table inside.  I'm looking for a different round tablecloth for this glass topped table. I'm thinking something blue and yellow would be lovely.


On Saturday we were at a garage sale and I was looking at this slightly faded old box with magnetic closure. The woman whose gs it was said I could have it. She didn't want anything for it because it smelled of lavender  and she was allergic. She just wanted  to give it to someone.  Now I will figure out what to keep in it.
 I know I said I would not buy any more notebooks but I couldn't resist this cute one. I think by now I qualify as a hoarder of notebooks. It was from the same gs as the free box.

I hope you had a pleasant Tuesday. I know I did.

I always love to read your comments.

Granny Marigold

8 comments:

  1. I like it that you use your "old stuff". I believe in that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use our old stuff as well. I find it to be of better quality than that cheap "chinese junk" that the stores sell. Hubby and I love scouring junk shops/antique stores and finding good kitchen ware, etc.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your porch looks like a lovely space to spend time in. Always so many good recipes in "Taste of Home" magazine.
    Glad you had a pleasant Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be hard to pass up that notebook even if one wasn't a notebook "hoarder".
    The older I get the easier I am finding it to use my old things and my good things.
    Love your outdoor eating area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to use my old stuff too. Came by to visit after you visited my Quiet Country House. I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Taste of Home magazines and have several by my chair on the porch for those afternoons when I just want to sit. My hubby and I eat on our porch in good weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely place to sit and read those magazines. Loved the bargain bowls, a real delight. I use most of my old stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The polka dot bowls are really cute! You have such a pretty place to sit on your porch! :)

    ReplyDelete