Wednesday 24 May 2017

Books


With the gardening I'm trying to keep up with you'd think I wouldn't have time to read but even gardeners have to put their feet up and relax, right? 
These 4 books are from the public library;  I picked them up today.  Stars Come out Within is a memoir by Jean Little; are you familiar with her books? Mostly she has written for children and young adults but I enjoy her books and they're usually a quick read. She had a life full of difficulties battling with depression and blindness.  I thought Once upon a Time was also her book but apparently this author is a different Jean Little.
I don't remember who recommended the Judy Blume nor the Exiles from the War, which is also a young adult book.


I often stop and look at the little lending library in the park. These books were donated by the Rotary Club. I have read Sharon Butala's non fiction, now I'll read her fiction. Luckily there's no "due date" on these books so I can read them later.


Then there's my 2 Susan Branch books that I ordered from Amazon and received today. I'm thrilled to own them ( I already had 3 of her older books. I also have ordered  A Fine Romance by that hasn't arrived yet).


Having a stack of books waiting to be read is a delightful feeling!!  I'm determined not to rush through any of them but to take my time and savour each one.

 The week is half gone already, can you believe it? Where does the time go?

Thanks for visiting today,


          Granny Marigold



8 comments:

  1. That is a lot of reading! Enjoy. I should look into the Susan Branch books as that looks like they might interest me. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of interesting looking books to read there. I am only familiar with Judy Blume, none of the others so will have to look them up to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Granny Marigold, there always should be time for reading! ; )
    My reading does slow down quite a bit this time of year until late October.
    Your book selections look great! Must check out Susan Branch.
    Have a good weekend!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exiles from War...is that about England during WWII when the children were sent into the country to live? That period interests me. A nice bunch of books to look forward to. I'll have to go check out the local lending library on the porch of one of our small businesses. You never know what you might find! :) It's good to know that you do actually put your feet up sometimes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My idea of an perfect day would include time for gardening and time for reading. I guess great minds think alike here ;).
    Your reading selections look interesting. No, I have not read or even heard of Jean Little. I'm going to add her name to my ever growing list of books to look for. Most of my reading material comes from the local thrift shops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lot of reading to do! I love a good book, I get so caught up in the storyline I sometimes feel part of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love that cover, on the "... Secret Kept" book.

    I admit, that I have left reading behind, in my fascination with NetFlix. -sigh- But like all my new fascinations, it will "wear off." And I will return to reading.

    Enjoy your lovely pile of books!!!!!!!

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  8. That certainly seems to be a lot of reading. I got lucky with a book sale recently so have a large amount ready for the Winter when I tend to read more.

    ReplyDelete