Thursday 20 July 2017

More Tea Cups??

Probably the last thing you want to read about on my blog is yet more tea cups but what can I do? I keep finding them ( or I'm given them as the case was with the Sweet Violet set).
These 3 lovelies are the latest additions. The one on the left I got at a garage sale for 2 dollars. The other two were found at a thrift store and cost me 3 dollars for both.



My favourite of the three is this one made in Galway and the pattern is Royal Tara Tara Brooch. I googled it and  learned that the Tara Brooch is a Celtic brooch made in 650 to 750 AD. It was found in Ireland in 1850 and was one of the artifacts that fueled the Celtic Revival in the mid 19th century.
It is considered one of Ireland's great national treasures. On the off chance that you want to find out more you can search for The Legend of the Tara Brooch.

 

This tea cup has no legend or fame surrounding it but it's pretty and I like it. It has the words Royal Stuart, Spencer Stevenson, England  written underneath both cup and saucer.



The last one is a Queen Anne Bone China, made in England.  It has the main bunch of flowers inside the cup and also on the saucer.



Thanks for visiting and sharing my happiness as I keep collecting beautiful things. I'll try to find things other than tea cups but I can't guarantee anything!

Granny Marigold

6 comments:

  1. They are lovely. I understand why you like collecting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so pretty, but I think my favorite is the middle one. Although I have a granddaughter named Tara. . . maybe the Tara Brooch should be my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always find such lovely things! Your lilies are absolutely gorgeous too.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You keep doing, what brings you happiness. :-)

    My favorite is the Royal Stuart, Spencer Stevenson, England. I'm "into" such "looks," at present. :-)

    But the The Legend of the Tara Brooch, certainly stirs the part of my blood, with is Irish!!!!!!!!



    ReplyDelete
  5. The Tara brooch cup is quite different from all the ones you already have! Great find! :)
    - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. The third one is my favorite. So delicate!

    ReplyDelete