Sunday 17 September 2017

Chilly Weather







There's a real feeling of Fall in the air today. I'm wearing a cozy sweatshirt  and was grateful for its warmth when I went for my morning walk. Came home and took my coffee on the porch so I could watch the birds in the backyard. There must have been 20 House Sparrows busily looking in the grass for bugs. The Chickadees, hyperactive bundles of energy, were flitting back and forth from the feeder to wherever they're hiding seeds. I wish I could tell them that there's no need to do that because the seeds will be there all winter.

The house feels quiet without my DH. He's called a couple of times and he's enjoying visiting various friends and relations. Today is the big Cousins Get Together that he didn't want to miss.
Apparently it's colder there than anticipated. He was at his sister's place and I guess she gave him directions to the local thrift store where he found what he told me was a really nice long-sleeved shirt for two dollars!  ( He's learned the value of a thrift store, hasn't he!!) He took only short-sleeved shirts and a light jacket in his carry-on case. ( He went on a super cheap fare which did not include any actual luggage. A carry on and a small shoulder bag and that was it.)

Thanks for visiting again. I appreciate you and your lovely comments.

Granny Marigold

14 comments:

  1. Yes,our weather has certainly changed this past week, from record-breaking temps of 34 C on Tuesday to risk of frost tonight. From air-conditioning going full blast to using the furnace. Must go cover up my tomatoes in the garden yet. Am glad your DH found something at the thrift store to keep him warm. Hope the Cousins Gathering wasn't an outside affair! Brrrr!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we are both enjoying a quiet house this week! Our highs are still in the mid 80s, and our lows about 70, so we aren't really autumnal yet, sorry to say. Enjoy your week! I'm hoping to get a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had fall weather last week but this week we have had hot, humid summer weather! We've actually delayed closing the pool and have been in it most of the week. I feel the same way about the birds... we also feed them all winter, not only with seed but with suet. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The air is getting crisp here, too! Glad your hubby is having a good time with relatives and that he found a good buy at the thrift store! :) Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty fall picture!
    I am looking forward to that cooler weather you are having. We have cooled quite a bit but the A/C is still running and we are wearing shorts.
    Gotta love a man who knows the value of a thrift store :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems to have warmed up here and then a little cooler and then it is suppose to warm up again I think. Fall is up and down. How nice that your hubby would go to the thrift store to find a long sleeve shirt. I don't know if mine would think to do that. Have a good week. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bargain find with the shirt, you have trained him well! The nights are certainly getting colder here too. Autumn is in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Granny Marigold, could you please send some of the cooler weather our way? I know many are not happy with the cool summer we had but I loved it! We are experiencing very hot, humid weather for the next week or so. Air conditioning is back on!
    So glad to hear DH is enjoying himself. Smart man to hit the thrift store!
    Take care.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Smart hubby!
    I love watching the birds, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you have Autumn weather!!!

    Now... Please send some to me!!! LOL Our Autumn has turned into heat/humidity again! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

    I want my Autumn back!!!!!!

    ,-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has felt like fall here lately, but it seems this week will be like summer again. Temperature in the 90's for two day are predicted. I am so ready for fall. I like your little fall picture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are real cool here today and it is raining! Your hubby knows what to do when in need of a warmer shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to sit and look at the birds with you as we sip coffee! Today I would have been warmer in my back yard than I was at the computer - it is in the coldest corner of the house and I'm often surprised to go out and discover a surprisingly comforting warmth, as I hadn't realized how cold I was...

    ReplyDelete
  14. The mornings are definitely chilly! I'm sleeping so well and really enjoying the cooler weather :)
    -Sheila

    ReplyDelete