Tuesday 19 September 2017

Thrifty Buys


 As I often do on a Tuesday morning I went to the thrift store. Of the dozen things I took into the fitting room only four didn't fit. I had an assortment of  tops all of which were  .50 and then I saw this lovely zippered top with metal decorations. I was so glad it fit ( this was 3.00). In winter I wear a lot of black and this light jacket will see a lot of wear. It may look sort of gray on the picture but it is definitely black.


                         
                A close-up of those metal thingies.


This pretty knitted (?) top is fully lined and has self covered buttons. It was also .50
The washing instructions had been cut off so I took no chances and hand washed it.


I take awful pictures sometimes and this next little shell top looks strangely short but believe me it looks quite normal. and pretty too.

I did buy one thing that wasn't clothes. Just a few days ago little grandson M was looking at things in my room and admired a few of the boxes I have with this kind of closure. He said he'd sure like one and what did I spy at the thrift store? I had to glue the top handle on more securely otherwise it is in good shape. Now I just have to make sure whatever I buy him for Christmas fits into this box. He'll like that.


Tomorrow I'll drive to the airport and pick up my DH. The house has seemed way too empty without him around. Things can go back to normal.

Thanks for visiting.


    Granny Marigold


8 comments:

  1. I haven't been to a thrift store in a while but I always like to look at the sweaters and jackets because I feel that I can't have too many of them for different occasions and gradations of weather :-) I really like that black one with the decorations.

    And I can just imagine how your grandson will love that box!!! Good catch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds, the black top is a delight. I particularly loved the box what a great idea to use it for your Grandson's Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to find so many new additions to your wardrobe at the thrift shop and at such great prices too. Also fun is finding the box for your grandson right after him expressing his interest in one.
    It does get a bit quiet when the hubbies are gone. I usually enjoy the first day or so, but then I'm bored with my own company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun finds!!!!

    Yes, I'm sure the house has seemed empty, without your partner. :-) We do get used to having them around, don't we? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds, I enjoy thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful finds! I really like the blue top with the buttons, very pretty. And what a great idea for a Christmas box! I like those closures too. He will love that. (My thrift store day is Monday, when they put new things out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you get great bargains! All lovely things you found. How nice you also found a box for your grandson.
    Hope DH had a wonderful trip!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found some really lovely pieces at the thrift store! What a cool box... your grandson will love it for sure!

    ReplyDelete