Sunday 15 October 2017

This and That


Such an imaginative name for this post, huh?
I thought of calling it the bad and the good since I'm going to start with a rant and get it over with. Blogger or G mail has been messing around again. As I think I mentioned a while back blogs will for no reason that I can figure out suddenly be gone from my list of blogs I visit. Now I've discovered a number of comments that have gone directly to Spam. Now these are commenters that previously had their comments posted so Why? I am sorry if recently you posted a comment and then didn't see it displayed. I will be checking Spam from now on. ( and marking them as 'not Spam'.

On to the good things....Youngest son came to help DH extend the roof they built earlier in Summer. Too many dried bits of that huge Clematis were falling on everything below. It's hard to keep the area reasonably clean as it is!  That big bundle of blooms on the left is no longer attached to the mother plant so no doubt it will dry up in a few days. You can see where they took out a section so they could build the extension.


 I rearranged the window sill in the sun room. DH and I sit at the little table here and this is our view.
My false Cypress ( on the right) is doing so well. I'll need to transplant it in Spring. Why do I grow it indoors when it would survive just fine outside?  I like it right where it is.  My African Violets are thriving but NOT blooming.


When I did my grocery shopping I picked up these bulbs which I thought were a fair price. When I went through the check out they were only .79 . If only I'd have known I would have bought all that were still there!  Maybe I'll go back tomorrow.


Thanks for visiting,

Granny Marigold


The poster below is one my grands worked on for our gathering. Most of it was done by the littlest.




                                          Don't you love Mary Englebreit's art?


8 comments:

  1. Your clematis is just astounding. I'm sure it will return with a gusto next year! So good of your son to come help. And what a good deal on those bulbs! I love a good deal too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I do love her art! and your garden is just lovely :) sorry about the technical difficulties :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very patient husband to carefully place that ladder over all the plants. My husband would announce right off that no way could he work with pots and flowers all around. I would have to clear everything out of his way. You have such a pretty view out that window. I do like Mary Englebreit's art. My daughter used to subscribe to her magazine...those were pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did sort of move some of the pots away so they wouldn't get broken. But you're right, he is a very patient man. ( He's had to be to put up with me for 50 some years!!)

      Delete
  4. You have an appreciation for beauty that your husband clearly respects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful artwork you have very talented Grandchildren. Beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your clematis is still looking so good! Love your window sill in the sun room, I love indoor plants as well.

    Cute sign your grandchild has made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is so lovely, what a lucky lady you are to be looking at all that beauty.

    I'm getting comfortable with GMAIL now after my recent switch to it but I need to be mindful of spam folders too. I found an important email in the spam on the weekend that had been there for a couple of weeks.

    I hope my comment goes through ok today.
    Have a lovely week, G

    ReplyDelete