Saturday 18 November 2017

A Lovely Day followed by a Mishap


My daughter Sheila and I had a great time this afternoon visiting a lavender farm with its beautiful grounds.


                       The sky looked a little threatening but fortunately it didn't rain.


                             That's lavender along the sides of this path.


                           More lavender.....






 After we walked around and had gone in the gift shop we went on to a nearby winery.


                      Right behind the shop there were fields of grapevines.


 We had some tasty samples before we left to go on to a small Christmas shop that we pay a visit to every year it seems.



We truly had a lovely time. Now to confess the "mishap". Somehow I managed to delete no less than 7 comments left by some of you dear followers. I tried to get them back but to no avail. I read them all then somehow instead of publishing them I deleted them. I can only say Sorry!!

Thanks for visiting,
If you leave a comment I'll do my best not to delete it.


             Granny Marigold

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely outing with Sheila....but where are your parkas, toques, and mitts? I can't believe how everything is still so green! Here it's -15C this morning. Brrrr!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were lucky not to need umbrellas that day!! No need for parkas so far :)
      - Sheila

      Delete
  2. Soooo gladddd, it was only a blogging mishap!!!! I feared one of you had fallen... Somewhere in your outing!!!!

    A blogging mishap is so much better, than that!!!!

    I understand! We have to pick the right box to click, when Publishing our Comments. And sometimes, it can get confusing. And, we may not realize, until a few, have been done.

    Not to worry! All bloggers are human!!! We all make mistakes, now and then!!!!!

    Hugsssssssssssss....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day!! You were close to my neck of the woods, and I have gone to none of those places, imagine that. Kind of sad really, isn't it. As I pass the winery I always thought that I'd love to have a look at and in that house on the north side of the driveway. It looks so cute from the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was such a lovely pre-Christmas-season outing!
    - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely place to visit :) Thank you for taking us along with you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! I'm not afraid to leave a comment! :D
    If you deleted one of mine I'm sure it's no great loss. ;)
    Looks like a fun day you had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great place to visit..can you imagine the fabulous lavender aroma at peak season.
    And dont worry about the comments...Im sure we have all done worse xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you to visit a lavender farm. How nice the smell must have been. I am hoping next year that we can take a trip to visit one. Have a nice Thanksgiving! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you are so sweet. I was afraid you had fallen or something bad like that. The lavender farm is amazing. I've never had any luck growing lavender, but intend to try again next spring by planting a row inside the garden. Glad you and your daughter got to enjoy a day together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun day for you! I bet that is one pretty place in August! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's not too bad of a mishap! I was afraid you were going to say you'd had a car wreck or a flat tire or something. Glad you're okay! Looks like a lovely day. I'm a bit jealous of your beautiful lavender there. I am told repeatedly that yes, we CAN grow lavender here, so I keep trying, but it keeps dying :( I carefully tended a lavender bush in a special raised bed all spring, summer, and fall, but I think it's now dead.
    Glad you had fun with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete