Friday 17 November 2017

Thyme Tea and China


I have a small container garden with different kinds of Thyme growing in it. Well, it's not growing now but it did all Summer and will again next year. I cut some to bring in and try it with my Earl Grey Tea. It's quite good and supposedly good for one's health.  I added it to the tea pot and used a small strainer to keep the leaves out of my cup.



Son2 came home from work with a mysterious bulging bag announcing that he had brought me a present. It's not my birthday so I was baffled but I carefully began to pull things out of the bag and this is what was in it.
A tea pot, 7 cups and 8 saucers, a gravy boat and small tray under it all in Royal Albert pattern "Brigadoon".  An older lady in the complex had come to him and asked if he knew anyone that might want her china. He told me he looked under one piece, saw the words Royal Albert and knew exactly  who would  appreciate it!  Until now I had  a tea cup and saucer and one 8" plate in this pretty pattern.
Now the question is WHERE am I going to keep it? Tomorrow I must seriously rearrange my cupboards and get rid of enough dishes to make room for the new ones.


We had a day of almost clear skies which was nice. We went for a lovely walk after doing the weekly grocery shopping. I wonder what you kept busy with today?


Thanks for visiting,  Please leave a comment so I know you did.



Granny Marigold

4 comments:

  1. I love this story of how your son thought of you when he saw the words Royal Albert. How thoughtful of him and I imagine the lady will feel so good to know they are going to such a nice new home. What a pretty pattern they are too.
    Your day sounds like a nice one. I was kept busy with my monthly chiropractor appt. followed by lunch and a bit of thrift shopping with my sister-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, what a pretty set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet of your son! One of my sons brought home DVDs of "Becoming Jane" and "Sense and Sensibilities" (two separate occasions) just because he knew I like Jane Austen movies. It's always so sweet that they remember such things. I had a pretty quiet and unproductive day. Hoping to feel zippier soon! Happy Thanksgiving week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful dishes and a thoughtful son! I dried thyme and read where you can make a thyme tea so will have to try adding it to my green tea. Have a nice Thanksgiving! Nancy

    ReplyDelete