Tuesday 14 November 2017

Tuesday's Treasures


I can't wait to show you the treasures I found this morning.  First I wanted to show you my sideboard all cleaned off and polished ready for a new display.  Since we already have had a snowfall ( a light one that's long melted but still it counts)  I thought I'd display my Snowman collection.



                     These four are ones I bought this morning and they join the others in the picture below.



       These hankies are some that I have had for some time ( and I use them!)


                            And these are the lovely ones I found this morning.


I will certainly use the Christmas serving plate on the left. Sorry about the glare but I think the raised pattern is visible. The plate on the right just called my name and before I could answer it had jumped into my basket!
  Obviously I didn't get a proper picture of this pretty plate. I'm so bad when it comes to taking pictures!


      Much as I love this one I think it will be a gift for someone who will love it.


One can never have too many bowls and this 25 cent one will be very useful. It even has another pretty flower in the inside!


Last of all is this tin tray that makes me think of Brambly Hedge which I find so cute. Another 25 cent purchase. It's hard to resist cute things when they're so inexpensive.


All these things came home in a big box and now I'm off to find spots for the new items and find "old" things that I can put back into the box to take to the thrift store next week. As I've said so often before, if I don't take back as much as I buy I'll soon run out of room.

Thanks for coming by,

Granny Marigold

15 comments:

  1. You do recycle your items! Wonderful!

    Since I am deep into de-cluttering, I am happy to hear that. :-)

    It is such icky weather here, that I am almost feeling like bringing out some Holiday Time decorations. I don't "do" Thanksgiving decorations any more. So... It's getting very dull looking around here. :-)))

    You have started with snowmen! Now I can too! But first I have to continue to purge my stuff!!!!

    Gentle hugs,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say that a lot, 'oh but it's only .50/1.00/1.50 etc' ;-) I have joined the Abbotsford Bidding Wars FB page. I seem to be buying more than I am selling...., I think I need to change that! Some pretty little things you have got there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love those snowmen! What a find!

    I don't use handkerchiefs like I used to, but I still have a big box full of them. I've been toying with the idea of turning them into some type of quilt.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just today we stopped at two thrift stores. My husband found several things. Like you, I love hankies. Many years ago, I found one with my name embroidered on it! Your snowmen are cute and will be so festive for Christmas. I love dishes too and your bargains are just amazing. Have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your morning treasure finds are just SO wonderful! Your sideboard looks so pretty with all of the sweet snowmen on it.

    I always marvel at how similar our "likes" are. One day I will have to do a post on the hankies that I have displayed in our living room. :)

    Have a wonderful remainder to your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great finds! I love Brambley Hedge, and that's a cute tin plate. I am often tempted by dishes at the thrift store, but I simply don't have any more room. Your sideboard looks so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great bargains you found! I love the snowmen, I collect them and find them hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful sideboard! perfect to display such beautiful treasures :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great treasures and that is a beautiful sideboard!! The snowmen look great, very festive for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your sideboard. Snowmen are so cute. I started collecting them a few years ago as well. I don't have very many though. All started when a friend gave me a candlestick family. So cute. Dishes are pretty, I like the bowl very much. I was in our new thrift shop this morning looking for a few Christmas trims. No finds. They are remodeling the building to make room for larger things,so there was not much there.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the hankies so much! AND the fox! VERY sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sideboard is a beautiful piece of furniture. It looks so pretty all polished. I love the things you found at the thrift store. I need to use your rule of carrying back as much as bring home. That's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, so that's your trick. You return as much as you buy! I wondered how you found room for all of your great finds! I love the snowmen! That fox plate looks handmade. It would have called my name, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice finds! You can always use pretty plates to deliver cookies to neighbors and never worry about getting the plate back:)

    ReplyDelete