Sunday 21 January 2018

A Game and a Change


It's Sunday evening and we've had high winds most of the day including one short power outage. I haven't dared to start my computer until now. Actually I was going to post this yesterday but I got busy and forgot. SO...
M was given a pinball game ( his dad brought it home from work after finding it in the "free" stuff at work). It makes quite a racket but he loved it for 2 days I think. Good thing it cost nothing. I think those games don't hold kids attention for long. ( I'm glad about that). Here he and grandad are playing shortly after he got it.


In the background of the previous photo and here below you can see the sideboard with all the snow men the way it looked last week.



Here's what it looks like now. It was time for a change and it is only 3 weeks until Valentine's Day!!

 

I hear the rain coming down and we're invited out, leaving in 45 minutes. Because of the wind there's no use even trying to use an umbrella. Should be interesting!

Have a great Monday!         Thanks for popping by,

Granny Marigold

19 comments:

  1. We've had the opposite weather here. It has been mild yesterday and today but tomorrow we are supposed to get freezing rain and what our weatherman calls a "mixed bag". I'm ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow left us overnight for which I am thankful. I haven't thought about Valentines until you mentioned it, I must get some cards made. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your snowmen and the Valentine's look too.
    I hope your winds have died down by now and that you didn't blow away last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had all those snowmen and non-melting snow on my sideboard I would find it very hard to take them down and move on to - what? hearts? Oh, well, you still have winter outside, and coziness inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new Valentine's display on the sideboard! I will be glad to turn over the calendar and see the end of January!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you didn't get too wet on your outing! Pretty Valentine's Day decor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sideboard looks great. I haven't even started on Valetine's yet, I better get busy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It occurred to be that I should find my few Valentine decorations too. the days come and go so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three weeks till Valentine's! Eek! I still feel like we just did Christmas. It is time to change over, isn't it? Being asked out on a rainy, cold, windy night is not easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As pretty as all the Christmas things are, I do love the change when it's all put away. The sideboard looks pretty. Is a sideboard the same thing as a buffet? :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think they're the same thing. I guess we just have always called it a sideboard.

      Delete
  11. I am new here and find your page charming and up lifting. In a place that can have a lot of negativity, yours is a wonderful change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley, Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  12. That's a pretty tea set, the pot and mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier, it’s lovely to meet you and the family
    Best wishes from a wet and windy northwest England uk
    Lynn:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Valentine's display and tea set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin, Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I did try to go to your blog but I wasn't able to.

      Delete
  15. Love the Valentine arrangement and the tea pots and cups too. They look like spring! Nancy

    ReplyDelete