Monday 15 January 2018

Window


I think I was unclear about the window that we picked up for free. It was the outside window, an old wooden, push-up kind.  NOT the stained glass one, although I think I paid five dollars for that one at a garage sale. It is obviously broken but for where I wanted it to hang that didn't really matter.  It bothered me that you might have misunderstood so I just wanted to be more precise.





In case you wondered how big this buttery is I measured it and it's just over 7 foot square. My breadmaker has its own little stand and is always plugged in..
On the South wall I have a freezer and an extra fridge. The old fashioned kind that I have to defrost myself from time to time. 


Because I have a touch of OCD  asked DH to make doors in front of the open shelves that are on the North wall because I found it hard to keep as neat as I wanted. I know, silly, but it is wonderful to have a carpenter hubby who doesn't mind building things for me.


The door that to the buttery is one of two that my DH got in part payment for a small job he did.



It's been a lovely day here, the second in a row!!  I went out to refill the bird feeder and it felt strange to go out with no coat over. Gives me hope that Spring days will come once again.

I hope you had a good beginning to your week.

Thanks for coming by,

          Granny Marigold

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the explanation about the window. I think I might have been slightly confused, lol. What a nice setup in the buttery! Good to have the bread machine always at the ready and all the cold storage! You guys have done a beautiful job on your house. I'm hoping spring won't be too far away also! It's always surprising to me how quickly winter passes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many charming aspects to your home. How nice to have your own carpenter and cabinet maker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the little tour of your buttery. It is so nice to have a a handy hubby... mine is the same and now that he's retired he's always looking for a project! I love your door! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have a handy husband! That door to your buttery is so very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely little room and the name is a delight. Isn't it wonderful to have a handy husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you are very neat and tidy, GM. Even the mention of the bread maker makes my stomach growl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had never heard of a buttery. Stained glass window is so pretty! We have gotten snow today and under a winter weather advisory. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The doors are really nice, and took a lot of skill!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could you send me a bit of your OCD please! ;-) Your buttery looks wonderful, and how nice to have such a handy husband. I've done all the finishing carpentry around here, and it is NOT up to your husband's standards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How great that your husband gets to do woodworking for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stained glass is so pretty. Your place of things are so very nice and quaint. Nice you have a built in Carpenter at your home. Hubby.

    ReplyDelete