Monday 19 February 2018

Banana Bread and Spring Decorating


I made banana bread today, using 6 of the bananas mentioned in my last post. DH did the mashing of them and he mashed another 4 smallish ones and froze those for future use. Ever since I started making a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon, and coconut to put in the middle and also on the top of my regular old recipe my family has raved about how tasty it is. Since I took this picture middle son took 4 more bananas down to his kitchen to become banana bread or maybe muffins, He bakes good things!!
I had not yet tried baking in my 'new' 3 X 5 inch ceramic loaf pans but they work just fine and make perfect gift loaves!



I put away the Valentine's stuff and gave the sideboard a good dusting and a fresh look for Spring.


               Put out some early Easter things on Mom's old sewing machine.



And so the day passed. . The last full week in February. It may be chilly and there's a skiff of snow on the ground but I'm thinking Spring!!

Thanks for coming by.


Granny Marigold


20 comments:

  1. Winter finally arrived. Just a bit of snow Sunday, that melted before the deep freeze set in. But sunshine makes one thing of warmth, until you step outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of getting some small loaf pans and making some for gifts. So nice to see your Spring/Easter decor I am thinking I need to find some out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your banana bread looks so good! I loved seeing the ceramic bread pans. Your spring and Easter decorations look lovely the way you have them displayed. How wonderful that you have your mom's sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love banana bread, one of my favourites. What a pretty display on your mums old sewing machine, I love the watering can xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. M-mmm I love banana bread and yours look delicious! Your dishes are so pretty and I love the Easter display. Makes me long for spring!
    I really enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh GM...everything looks just lovely :) Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your lovely blog. The Easter decorations are very lovely on the sewing machine. The banana bread looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your displays definitely herald the coming of spring. I'd love to see what the treadle sewing machine head looks like....are all the decals still in place or have they rubbed off?
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been quite some time since I actually took the machine itself up and out ( mainly it was to show M. that it was indeed a sewing machine). As far as I remember all the decals were still fine.

      Delete
  9. oh yummm Marigold..😊
    Darling Easter decor...
    thanks on,my door wreath too
    hugs,Patty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Easter decorations and dishes are lovely. Please share your recipe for the brown sugar coconut and cinnamon in the center and on top of your loaves:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! As if I had a recipe. I just mixed some brown sugar, cinnamon, and coconut together. I'm sorry but I didn't think to measure. I'm quite sure it makes mo difference whatsoever.

      Delete
  11. SOunds like a yummy recipe, GM. You do have the most yummy recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! If we are not all thinking spring we are at least hoping it will be soon. Your spring and easter decorations sure look nice. That old sewing machine looks a lot like mine! Mine is a Singer. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. The banana bread looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am looking forward to spring as well. Love the way you decorated! Your banana bread looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh yes the beeswax has a nice soft honey scent
    😊

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm. The banana bread looks luscious! (I want one of the BIG loaves, lol.) Your decor is beautiful, as always. We've had lots of snow. Hope your spring comes sooner than ours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. We just finished a loaf of banana nut bread. The cinnamon, sugar, and coconut sounds good! I love you spring and Easter decorations. Things are so pretty there.

    ReplyDelete