Tuesday 22 May 2018

What to do with a Cloche

I've received some lovely ideas on how to use my new cloche. My stack of tea cups looks like it might fall over, don't you think?



Here's a cloche that's really a marble base with the glass cover ( I think it's meant to keep cheese under). I've had this one for years.  It holds a nest with House Sparrow eggs in it.

 

                  This is my smallest cloche ( it REALLY needs a good cleaning!)



                        I found some great ideas on Pinterest too!




... and on a blog that Dianna kindly sent me a link for. This person really has quite a collection!!


I like the finials she's stuck on hers. I can't do that because mine has a glass knob otherwise I just might have tried that.

I hope you're having a lovely week. Thanks for coming by.


             Granny Marigold

13 comments:

  1. Bird nests and tea cups - something you & I have in common, lol, except that you keep finding so many beautiful tea cups while I continue my search for those treasures not as easily found here, at least not at the prices you have out your way. Enjoy!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cloches too. Would be nice to have some for outside too to put over plants. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the one with the spools, such a simple but very effective idea. Perfect for a craft room, I am going to try and reproduce the look, if only I had a cloche...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a cloche, they make something simple look very special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know the word for those glass cases until I read it here! I think your teacups are very pretty under the cloche. Their wonkiness seems to make playful with the elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've wondered before what a cloche was used for. Those are some neat ideas. That Frazier River in your last post is amazing.We have just been through a thunderstorm with tons of rain and even hail. I hope the garden plants are still standing. The yard is flooded and the little pier under water. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow they are all good ideas and look lovely. I've never had a cloche.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just lovely. I enjoyed viewing all of these. Yours are so sweet...and I love it that your new Cloche has a glass knob! So elegant looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all of these ideas. I, too, have one with a bird's nest and eggs under it. I think it's a great way to keep them safe and also show them off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty ideas! I love the black teacup with the roses! You are always so creative. My house doesn't have the right ambience for this sort of thing, but I love to see what others are doing to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I had one for cheese a long time ago:) Great for a picnic to keep the flies off:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the teacups stacked with the saucers in between. Maybe you have a few little tiny bits of china to put around the bottom, with a nice doily, since your cloche is fairly wide? Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many ideas! They all look really lovely.

    ReplyDelete