Saturday 9 June 2018

A New Project


If you follow my blog you know I collect tea cups and have a great many. I like them all and I don't want to get rid of any. I also don't want to quit looking for more. I thought about it but decided I enjoy the hunt for pretty ones. But what to do for room!!!
A trip to the thrift store to look at what was available and there was this fairly awful looking set of shelves. Half price ( no wonder) so we paid ten dollars.  DH has already begun the transformation.
I can hardly wait until he's done and I can show you what it will look like.


At my son's complex someone left a nice mirror when they moved out. Now it's in my  back garden.
DH made a shelf over it to keep some rain off but for now it will be just fine reflecting the many different succulents that love the sunny South side.
 


We had a hard rain yesterday in the late afternoon. I thought for sure my tall Delphiniums and Foxgloves would be fallen over but they are still standing tall.  I, however, am not standing very tall because I got carried away weeding the day before and also yesterday morning. Totally forgot how crippled up I was last year when I overdid things. So once again I learned a hard lesson and  for now I am forced to take it easy.

Thanks for visiting today,

GM

12 comments:

  1. Hi Granny Marigold! I love your mirror in the garden! I have only seen it in one other garden and I think they are just so neat. Hmmmm Those shelves do look interesting! Cant wait to see the final product. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how a mirror can change the look of an area! I can't wait to see the finished shelves...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weeding is hard work, I just crawl around on the ground:) Your mirror is very nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mirror looks amazing, what a wonderful addition to the garden. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with the shelves. Hope you have recovered after all your hard work in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shelf unit looks like it will be a great solution, will look forward to seeing its transformation. Love the mirror in the garden, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an original idea to put the mirror in your garden. Now you have double the plants. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great idea with the mirror, perfect spot for it, and it makes that garden area appear twice the size! You know how I love makeovers, so I can't wait to see the shelf redone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're feeling abit more nimble by now! Love the way the mirror adds depth to your garden area! I am very interested to see how your DH will transform those shelves for your collection. Can I send over some of my projects out your way for him to finish?
    Ellabie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the mirror in the garden.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you're feeling much better. Weeding can be rough on back, etc...

    I collect teapots, but I know a lot of teacup collectors too. What a nice idea.

    Happy Weekend😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mirror looks great! What a good idea on a pretty garden patio. I'm sorry you overdid and are paying for it :( Take it easy! Usually if I weed/work/garden until I feel it, I've already gone too far.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry to hear about your back. Once I start weeding I get consumed by it and want to finish what I started. I, like you, have had to learn that lesson more than once.

    I love the shelving unit...looking forward to your teacup display. And the mirror in the garden...what a sweet idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete