Saturday 30 June 2018

Canada Day and some thrifty finds


Happy Canada Day to all Canadian bloggers!!  We'll be celebrating with our annual family BBQ. The weather doesn't look too promising but we'll enjoy ourselves anyway.


           This is Raspberry time and so far DH has picked 2 pails of yummy berries for us.


I had some Mangoes  that I bought with hopes that they would be tasty but was disappointed. Not wanting to waste them I chopped them up and added them to the raspberry jam I was making. I did boil the raspberries for a while first,  them put some of it through a sieve to remove over half  of those pesky seeds.  Then I added the Mangoes.


We only went to one garage sale this morning. I found 2 lovely hand crocheted table runners and 3 pretty bowls. Under the bowls are the words      Elizabeth Rose, Ambassador Ware,Simpson, England.
The bowls and runners together cost me only 5 dollars.




I hope that June has been a good month for you and that July will be even better.!!


Thanks for stopping by,

           Granny Marigold

7 comments:

  1. Such great finds, I love the crochet runners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canada DAY! We used to spend summers up in northern British Columbia (at camp) and felt honored to be there when Canada Day occurred. I love your thrifty finds, GM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love raspberries but hate those seeds.
    Great finds, I like the runner of squares best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jam sounds yummy! I'm hoping to make my first trip to a U-Pick blueberry farm in the next week. I'll freeze them for my smoothies. That second runner reminds me of the hardanger embroidery I used to do, at least from a distance. Very pretty! Hope your Canada Day celebrations are a big success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some pretty finds! Your jam looks tasty, and I love those sweet jars and happy lids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you find so many nice things at garage sales and thrift shops!! Your raspberries are really nice and your jam is beautiful! Nancy

    ReplyDelete