Thursday 21 June 2018

This and That


I hope you all enjoyed this first day of Summer.  Our series of very hot days has come to a welcome end and the air is definitely cooler.  DH brought in these lovely Roses from our very old Queen Elizabeth Rose that grows back in the Wild area. She gets Black Spot and loses her leaves every year (that's why she is stuck back there)  but that doesn't keep her from blooming!


                          The very first cucumber from the garden 


     Bought these three books at the thrift store today when we went to drop off some boxes.
 




I thought I'd give our old oil lamp a good cleaning and set it on the table for something different.
Until I was almost seven we used just such lamps as this. I'm glad I can remember those days but I'm thankful for all that we enjoy now.
 

That's my little post for today.  Thanks for coming by.

                 Granny Marigold  


14 comments:

  1. I read Below Stairs. I love those kind of books.
    Your table looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful roses, one of my favourite flowers (I seem to have so many). Looks like you have plenty to read, I’ve spent a couple of hours reading in the garden this afternoon, it was bliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book about children's book illustrations sounds really interesting. I still buy children's books just so I can look at the illustrations! Oh, and you asked where my kids will live when I move into the trailer. They're building a house right next door. It will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry! Someone else asked the question about the house! Silly me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those books certainly look interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog, I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density, which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Queen Elizabeth Roses are just gorgeous. They are so perfect looking that at first I wondered if they were real. Just beautiful! And already having cucumbers from your garden! Oh yum! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty roses and the table quilt under the lamp is lovely! :) We were lucky we always had electricity, but indoor bathrooms not so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That quilted piece on the table was a .50 pillow sham. I knew just what I would use it for!!

      Delete
  9. The roses are beautiful. Pink roses are my favorite. All the books look like good ones. We used to collect oil lamps, well, still do, but haven't bought one lately. I love them. Never thought about doing a post on just oil lamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous roses even if the leaves do get black spots! Pretty table runner. My antique lamp sits on a corner shelf in the bedroom. I am not familiar with using it. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm heading off to the thrift store (as usual) in a few minutes. Your books look interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cut flowers are surely one of life’s greatest delights and at this time of the year you can have them in abundance at no charge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it wonderful when the garden starts producing lovely vegetables. We have had zuccinni once now and green onions . . . everything else is a bit slower, but it won't be long before grocery shopping the garden is a daily job :). Oh, I forgot the cabbage, you already saw that. This is your first year to grow it, but if our kraut turns out to our liking, it won't be the last year to plant it.
    Happy gardening!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete