Friday 27 July 2018

My Saucer Collection

If you've been reading my blog for a while you know about me and my collections.
One of the things I look for are pretty saucers and by now I have quite a few.
A year or so ago we got rid of our dishwasher ( that didn't do a good job) and my DH built this cupboard which fits into that space.  In the top drawer DH put an old dishwasher rack 
and I found it to be the perfect spot to keep my saucers. I can see them all at a glance and choose which one I want to use for my snack. 



Another thing I find hard to resist are little drawers. Some are from old sewing machines, others I don't know where I've picked them up.


Lately I've found quite a few lovely saucers but that top drawer was full so I asked DH if he would cut a piece of another dishwasher rack to fit the bottom of this drawer.


                               Works perfectly!


The drawer sits beside the middle-sized plates in the holder that was also made by my talented hubby.
I like to have pretty things out where I can see and enjoy them.
Here's a peek at how they look in my kitchen.



Thanks for visiting,

I love to read your comments so don't be shy.


Granny M.

9 comments:

  1. That was very fun to read! You are quite creative in your displaying, and your hubby is so helpful and gifted! You know, I've found that cups take up a lot of space, but you can have quite a stack of saucers in not too much space. Your drawer is genius! I also like to use saucers as little plates for snacks. Just makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, very organized, but I wouldn't give up my dishwasher for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have quite a large collection of saucers. Very pretty and creative ways to display them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh!!! I love your saucers and the way you display them! They really look great in the drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is such a great idea! I have a collection of Homer Laughlin pieces, without a place to display but only a few. I love the feel of these old pieces and wonder at the stories they could tell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever idea. I love your wonderful displays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your saucer collection is just beautiful and such a creative way to display them! Your husband saves you a fortune because he is so handy to make what you need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever display ideas! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty saucers and I'm so glad to hear that you USE them. The display is perfect.

    ReplyDelete