Tuesday 24 July 2018

Tea Cup Tuesday...and more


My latest tea cup is another pretty one, found at the thrift store this morning. For those who are interested I've also shown the bottom of the saucer.



First thing after breakfast we went to pick blueberries. It was still pleasantly cool but an hour later when we were done picking it was getting very hot again. We picked 15 pounds ( 1.10 a lb)
The very hot weather is bringing the blueberry season to a  quick end. Usually it lasts into August.


Remember I noticed my succulents were getting too much sun?  My makeshift shade is hardly elegant but it will have to do.I thought I had a roll of shade cloth I could use but turns out I have a roll of screen.

Thanks for visiting,  please come again.

          Granny Marigold


   

10 comments:

  1. That's a good price for u-pick blueberries, but I just can't muster the desire to go pick them. I'll just have to pay the price for Costco frozen berries during the winter. Good for you, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your freezer must be full already with all the fruit you've been getting this season. Lucky you!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the teacup with the pastel colors. Also love the look of all those blueberries! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the teacup. The shade made me smile, not elegant as you said but I am sure it will be effective which is all that matters. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty tea cup, but wow to those blueberries! Will you make jam with them? Mine aren't ripe yet, and if I do manage to 'harvest' them, I think I will only get about 10!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tea cup is so elegant...and I enjoy seeing the saucers as much as I do tea cups. That is a wonderful price you paid for the blueberries. Will you make jam with any of them or will you freeze them all? We love blueberries here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those blueberries look delicious! I have some raspberries growing in the backyard, I'm hoping that the birds and chipmunks leave them alone until they are ripe enough for me to pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty cup! Good price on the blueberries our price is about$4.00 a pound :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think many crops are suffering from excess heat this year, and too much/then not enough rain. The berries look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cup and saucer. I have a very small collection, I love them.

    ReplyDelete