Friday 17 August 2018

My Day


It was a perfect day to take a drive in the country. I thought this old church looked very picture-worthy.


We stopped to look at these goats. That top wire ( fence) looked very much like it was electrified so I made very sure not to touch it.

                   These Alpacas paid no attention to us at all. Just kept on grazing.


DH likes old tractors and apparently this one had a 'spoked flywheel' which was something he hadn't seen before. This tractor was on someone's lawn but close to the road so we chanced a picture or two.


     Stopped to see what this place was selling.  Organic everything and it was very expensive.
 

On our way back we stopped to have a little picnic at the Heron Reserve. We found a picnic table in the shade, near the bird feeders that they have outside the main building. I think it's the first time we've stopped there that not a single bird came around.



That was my lovely day. I hope you had a pleasant one too.


         Granny M.

13 comments:

  1. That does look like a fun day exploring the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great trip out, such a shame you didn't see any birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear GM! Yes! That was a very lovely day! Picnics. I love them.
    I hope you have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a lovely excursion. Always nice to spend time enjoying the countryside! I would have loved to have gone into that quaint church especially when a service was being held!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a lovely day! That church is so pretty.🌞

    ReplyDelete
  6. That seems peaceful. And a good date too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty church, I love old buildings! Looks like you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like such a perfect day. I need to talk Poppy into going for a little drive. We used to do that and stop at little out of the way places, but no more. I love the church picture. I see churches too that are so pretty but never have my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice set of photos. That church is definitely photo-worthy. The white paint looks incredible against the perfection of that blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A drive in the country followed with a picnic . . . sounds like a perfect afternoon. Thanks for sharing.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet that wire WAS electrified. Goats are notoriously hard to keep in! ;) I love the old church. My hubby would have loved that John Deere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice way to spend the day! Was the sky really that blue when you saw the church? I see some other pictures showing the smoke. We were coming back from the Okanagan on Friday so don't know how it was here. In Keremeos it was like dusk before 5pm, the sky was so dark with smoke!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the picture of the church.

    ReplyDelete