Tuesday 14 August 2018

Teacup Tuesday


A few weeks ago I was able to buy some teacups from someone who had an ad on Craigslist.
I bought 8 cups and saucers and she included a few cups that had no saucers and I think maybe an odd  saucer as well. Once I got home I put the entire box away without unwrapping any with the idea that for my birthday ( coming up later this month) I would unwrap one each day . But I guess I have no will power because I've begun to take them out and admire at least a few. So far these are the ones I've unwrapped.

             This one is by Royal Stafford. No particular pattern name but so pretty.

                This one is also Royal Stafford and the pattern is Oregon Grapes. This one has no saucer.


                        The last one is Royal Albert pattern Greenwood Tree.



 Of course I'm running out of room to display them so an addition had to be built to
the teacup cupboard .  It fits right into the corner of the room and each shelf holds just one set.


The colour seems to change according to the time of day when I take the picture.
You can see I had to do some changing around of the bottom shelves to make more room.
I'm sure that if you're not a teacup sort of person you're thoroughly bored now. Sorry.
I should warn you that whenever you see a post with teacup in the title just give it a miss.


That's all for today.

I hope you're having a very pleasant day.

Granny Marigold

16 comments:

  1. That is one beautiful collection of teacups. You know me and my love for teacups also. I was definitely NOT bored! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you lived closer as I would have happily gifted you with my large tea cup and saucer collection. I had them from my mom and MIL and saved them for many years. Sadly they were just sitting behind closed doors for the last several years so I made the decision to part with them rather than move them. Would you believe the consignment shops around here wouldn't even take them. They told me they have more people wanting to get rid of their collections than there are those who want to buy them. In the end I donated them to our local Habitat ReStore. Seemed sad after all these years. Would have loved to have presented them to someone who would really like them. At any rate, it is good to see that they are still being appreciated as they are so pretty. They look just perfect in your display case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, that's so sweet, that you would have passed those teacups on to me. It really IS too bad I live so far away. Thanks anyway. Just knowing that you would have is a gift in itself.

      Delete
  3. Many of us have a passion for collecting something. Your tea cups are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you must have collected tea cups for years. So many and all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved beautiful china but it's only these past years that I've concentrated more on teacups.

      Delete
  5. I love tea cups. Lucky you to have so many and a place to keep them!! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some very pretty cups and saucers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty however I wouldn't want to dust at your house that is a bunch of cups to move around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is a blog for if not to showcase what we love? I also am glad to look at your teacups - every time I do it makes me appreciate the few that I have, and makes me want to look at them and consider hosting a tea party!

    But I don't really want to go to the trouble of the party.... You seem to enjoy your cups plenty without serving tea in them :-) and I will continue to do that, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I am a Teacup Sister, Granny M!! Those are beautiful. But especially the Greenwood Tree pattern. Wow, that is one of the prettiest patterns I've ever seen - both the picture and the shape of the cup. Shape of the cup is really important to me, in evaluating how beautiful the cup is to me.
    I can't really collect anymore cups; I just don't have any room, and I already have more than I will ever use. But you should have a tea party of some type! It would be so lovely to see them all filled with tea and accompanied by cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Royal Albert Greenwood Tree is stunning, a pattern I have never come across before. I will certainly be on the look out for it now. An amazing collection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Greenwood Tree pattern. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE that Oregon Grape one...it is so beautiful. Well, they all are...it is just my favorite here.

    ReplyDelete