Tuesday 18 September 2018

Teacup Tuesday




It's a lovely sunny day ( that's TWO in a row!!) and I went out and about this morning looking for small treasures.
First I just had to show you the sunshine pouring onto the porch. After a week of rain I had missed the sun.


       My pictures didn't load in the order I wanted but nevertheless here we go:

       I'm using 2 picnic baskets to display my cups-with-no-saucers.










I found these 3 at a garage sale 2 weeks ago and forgot to post them. All 3 are made in Japan.



These are 2 that I found just this morning. I had an empty spot just waiting for them.


I also found these pretty little pitchers. The one on the left has the words Teleflora underneath so must have been part of someone's floral arrangement. Can't imagine why they didn't keep the pitcher.


The lemon plate was so cheap I thought I'd buy it and instead of having a bouquet of flowers on the table I can buy some lemons and have that as a centerpiece.  Maybe for Thanksgiving which is not that far away.. ( remember, we in Canada celebrate much earlier than in the U.S.)


Now I'm going back to enjoying the sunshine. I hope you're having a lovely day too!

Thanks for visiting today.

 Granny Marigold

13 comments:

  1. LOVE that sunshiny picture! What a nice spot you have! I have a cup similar to the ones in the lid of your picnic basket. Are those teacups or coffee cups? (I've been meaning to ask you that for a while. I never realized there was a difference, but maybe there is?) My mom gave me that cup years ago and it's the only fancy cup I own. Otherwise I have just mugs. I go for quantity! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Lisa, they are coffee cups. The shape is just a bit different ( these coffee cups came to me along with some teacups, same pattern. No saucers though.) If you like I can post a close-up of one of the teacups and one of the coffee cups so you can see the difference.

      Delete
    2. Oh please do post a picture of a tea cup and coffee cup so we can see the difference! I have always wondered about that. I love your collection!

      Delete
  2. You certainly do enjoy your treasures and your treasure hunting. I wonder just how many tea cup patterns there are just in Canada and the US alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My, my, my what marvelous finds. I can tell when you write about them that you are very passionate about tea and tea parties at least that's what I imagine. I always thought it would be fun to have a tea party out in the backyard where the apricot trees grow. I'm afraid that the women that I know would laugh at such a thought, but I sometimes think it's their loss. I think that we need to keep some of our childhood dreams alive and do things to enjoy the time we have left on earth. Have a tea party, go on a crafting or church retreat, ride a bicycle, kayak, get out and have fun and spread your joy by sharing it with others.
    I just know that we would be great friends if we lived closer. You are a sweet blogging sister.
    God bless you,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie, for your kind words. I agree totally with you. A tea party under an apricot tree sounds delightful. Life is short and we should not hesitate to keep those dreams alive.

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful collection. I love the idea of lemons for a centrepiece, the platter was stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lemon plate! That's just my style.
    - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baskets are a great way to display your cups. I love teacups, they truly are 'eye candy!' I love to have my coffee in a teacup, it seems to make it special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy the sunshine! The teacups look just right in the baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's chilly here today but your sunshine photo warmed me right up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, that top picture is beautiful, so lush and full of light. I love the lemon plate!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so fun to look at your teacup collection and enjoy it (without having to manage such a collection myself, haha!) In each photo, I choose my favorite cup. I never like the color black on a cup, and although roses are very nice, they are so common on teacups. (Just my opinion, mind you.) But delicate lilacs or other tiny purple flowers, or that one with a broad band of yellow? Oh yes, please! Your lemon plate is very pretty too.Don't you like a square plate? It will be fun with fresh lemons on there. Or ... small oranges with cloves stuck in them? That's very Thanksgivingish too.

    ReplyDelete