Wednesday 20 February 2019

This and That


All the snow and cold weather has kept me mostly at home. I've been doing all the usual things but nothing that seemed worthy of a blog post. So this morning I took my camera along when we walked, and took some pictures. I'm sure by now everyone has seen more than enough snow photos since  we're not alone in having  unusual winter weather.




Looking across the frozen lake you can see Abbotsford's tallest building, Mahogany Tower, completed just last year.  As you can see the top floors are shrouded in fog. Now, at noon, the fog has all gone and it is sunny and 2*C.

 I haven't tried driving in the snow but yesterday DH had banking to do so he dropped me off at the thrift store giving me 20 minutes or so to see what I could find.  There were 4 of these lovely platters ( it's hard to see but they are not flat like a plate but rather slightly dished). They were marked at .50 and I took 2. DH thought they were so pretty he asked me why I hadn't bought all 4. That was a surprise!!  Don't know just what I'll use them for but for now one will hold fruit.



These are my Valentine's flowers from my DH. I love the white carnations and baby's breath. Best of all they will last a long time. Roses are gorgeous but they sure don't last long.


Hopefully you are all having a good week. Thanks for coming by!

Granny Marigold


10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your snowy walk. We've had nothing but gloomy gray and rain for days. Snow would be a welcome change. I agree with DH on the plates. They are really pretty and for that price it would have been hard to pass up buying all 4. They will be so pretty going into the Spring season (if it ever arrives). Your Valentine's flowers are also pretty and I love the vase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really get tired of snow pictures...but it frustrates me not to feel safe getting out in it. So, it makes a double pleasure to see other's views. Those platters are NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, we're getting more of the white stuff, too! I had to slog through a few rutted inches of snow to pick up the grands from school. The plows hadn't reached our road yet. Pretty plates and flowers! Good hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those winter photos are nice. I don't mind winter. We have to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no snow here so it as a delight to take a snowy walk with you. Love those platters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both carnations and babies' breath last such a long time - extending the beauty and joy! I also love that shape of plate. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice!! those platters are so pretty!!! Abbotsford!!! you live in BC?!? I used to live in Langley years ago (and Walnut Grove and Fort Langley) when I want to TWU as an undergraduate... started there over 20 years ago! I like your posts and love to hear about people's ordinary days, these are to be treasured!! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your red (pink) transferware is so pretty...and to think you only paid .50 for each of the four! They truly are platters. I have a similar one in the Blue Willow transferware. Your flowers from your husband are beautiful. I love white flowers...and you are correct...the carnations will long surpass any rose when it comes to keeping the bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty plates and your flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your husband must be glad you are a thrift store shopper, and not even a big spender there!

    ReplyDelete