Tuesday 26 February 2019

Tuesday's Thrifty Treasures

It was good to get out of the house this morning. The temperature was just above freezing and a cold wind made being outside a chilly experience, but the sun was shining and the roads were dry. Off I went to the thrift store where I browsed a while and chose a few small items. This tiny tea pot ( ?) appealed to me as did the black bud vases.



                       No need to explain this item to anyone who suffers from the cold!!





                          A few weeks ago I bought two of these pretty soup plates/bowls.


And we've been using them often for soup, or in this case, baked beans. Really they're "cheater" baked beans since I used 2 cans of baked beans and just added some molasses, a can of tomato soup, a carrot, an onion, and a bay leaf  and baked them for an  hour and a half. They were good.


Take care,

     Granny Marigold

10 comments:

  1. A hot water bottle sounds good about now! Those beans look good, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed viewing your thrifty finds from today. Those black bud vases are very unique. I've tried finding them online because I would say they are vintage and remind me of some clear ones from McCoy Pottery. There was also a company in Canada that made some that were similar.Very pretty. Your baked beans look SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always find the neatest stuff! I love those black vases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect these vases were either white or clear and were painted black for some occasion. There were a lot of them, all black.

      Delete
  4. I love seeing what you've found at the thrift store. I've never seen black bud vases like those. I've just read your last post too...with that sweet teddy bear. You find the prettiest bears and I love how you dress them. Kinda like the dolls I find. It's fun to give them a home and buy or make clothes for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a delight to view your great thrift shop finds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have those bud vases in white, but have not seen black. I'm assuming they are made of black glass, and not white ones that are painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure these have been painted for some occasion. There must have been 20 or more of them and some looked like they had small chips under which it looked white or maybe clear.

      Delete
  7. I love your thrifty finds...I am trying to declutter but every now and then cannot resist bringing home something different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bean recipe sounds delicious and warm this cold winter. Nice finds - esp. the water bottle!

    ReplyDelete