Thursday 14 February 2019

Valentines Day

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!  No matter how you spend the day I hope it will bring you happiness and love.



Valentine's day happens to be my middle son's 45th birthday. Yesterday I baked and today there will be family dropping by to wish him happy birthday. I am ready!!
The cupcakes were from a Duncan Hines marble cake mix. The cookies I made using a recipe from this library book. In it Melissa Gilbert shares many recipes also short tales of the making of the Little House TV series. ( They are old fashioned molasses cookies)





For some reason this photo insisted on being 'sideways'.  The plate is "Cornflower" by Wedgwood.

 
        More snow and even freezing rain in our forecast.  Schools were cancelled all week except for   Monday. This coming Monday is Family Day (stat holiday) so schoolkids get a long break.


Thanks for dropping by,

If you leave a comment, however short, I'll know you visited.   

Granny Marigold

16 comments:

  1. Aw, that's so sweet. Happy birthday to your son. Hope your day is very special. The cupcakes look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a Winter wonderland. Wish I could pop by and taste those cupcakes they look delicious. Happy Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your son! I know the family is going to enjoy dropping by to celebrate because you are certainly ready for them! I made Whoopie Pies today for my husband to enjoy for Valentine's Day. :) You are getting hit with the snow...sorry to hear that there is freezing rain in the forecast too. That is what makes it so dangerous to be out and about. Happy Valentine's Day to you, dear Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wonderful!!! It's my father-in-law's birthday too and others I know! wonderful day to be born! Have a wonderful day and enjoy the family visits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those baked goods look so very good.
    What a pretty red heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling abit envious of your school closures...I would love to have some "bonus" days off from work/school. I imagine your roads weren't great to travel on. Your desserts look scrumptious! Happy Valentine's Day and please pass on birthday wishes to J!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks yummy. Happy Birthday to the Valentine boy.
    Our kids were finally back in school today, but are now out for a four day weekend - President's Day and midwinter break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that cornflower plate! And those cupcakes look delish! Happy Valentines and Happy Birthday to your boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, GM. Your baking looks yummy as ever! Happy Valentine's Day to you and your clan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you spent a wonderful Valentine's Day and it must have been lovely to celebrate your son's birthday with family and all of that delicious looking food! I hope you have a wonderful and blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cupcakes are looking delicious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your baking looks yummy! Hope you had a good get together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have that same cute follow your heart sign. Just put it up til next year. Love all the baked goodies. YUM! Happy birthday to the birthday boy too. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your baking looks so delicious. I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I just found your blog and it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We sure enjoyed the cupcakes on the weekend!
    - Sheila

    ReplyDelete