Tuesday 23 April 2019

Tuesday's Tea Mugs

When I was at the thrift store I saw one of these lovely mugs. It was marked at 3.99 and I'm eligible for the 30% senior discount. When I came to the cashier she told me there were 2 of them and the price was for both. She even ran to the china dept and got it for me. I think that was so sweet of her.
I have a weakness for china with violets or pansies so I was very happy to find these. Below you can see that the underside shows that they are made in Canada. I've never heard of the Bluebird brand but now I'll watch for it.




Once I came home and unpacked my treasures I assembled some of my violet/pansy china and changed this little cupboard ( which my DH made a few years ago)  around to display them.
(That's me in the mirror concentrating on getting the photo right).


 This is what I put on the top of that cupboard. Before I had a white jug with silk roses. That's put away now.


I also found this curious cup and "saucer" for a very reasonable price. I suppose most people wouldn't want anything so weird but I like its weirdness as well as  the butterflies in the pattern.



Needless to say I had to do some rearranging to accommodate these new pieces. I've been having fun!

Thanks for stopping by,
I love to read your comments so don't be shy!


Granny Marigold

18 comments:

  1. You always manage to find such beautiful treasures! The cup and wavy saucer are definitely unique! I can see why they "snuck" into your cart.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How special to find such treasures at reasonable prices...and pieces that were made in Canada! Your display is just lovely. I like the design of the second cup and "saucer", too. It reminds me of something oriental but I'm not sure just why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the weirdness adds to it's charm. Love your display of violet/pansy china. Looks so pretty and springy. Best of all you had fun creating it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the butterfly cup and saucer. I've never seen one like that, but I think it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly got a great deal there.
    What an usual cup and saucer. I've never seen anything like it. I like unusual things too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your curious cup and saucer! And all of the beautiful violets and pansies. And, oh look! Your cute little face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a wonderful picture to have, with you right in the middle of your Teacup Love. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your two new tea mugs. You have created quite the display of all your pretties; in that wonderful cabinet your hubby made! Wonderful finds at your thrift shop. I also enjoy the crocheted doilies and the pretty hand embroidered linen you have placed on top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! So pretty and you scored a deal of a deal. Love the lavenders. Girl.....I would so have to have a cup of coffee or tea out of one those beautiful cups of yours. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very very pretty! I love your display!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mom had a couple of teacups with violets on them... I love how you have displayed your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You certainly got some lovely new things to have fun with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are both beautiful! I would have wanted both!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your new finds, I have such a weakness for pretty tea cups and coffee mugs. Your collection looks so pretty in your little cabinet. It's so nice to have pretty things around us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG .... It was your lucky day ... What a lovely display of all your pretties... and those gorgeous dollies may my heart swoon. I love all those hand crocheted pieces, they just make such a sweet setting for the teasets and plates.... I'm smiling at that quirky little butterfly cup too... and think it is a teatime duo cup and saucer that was so popular in the Victorian times.( of course it a newer version ... but, the side is for a little dainty sandwich or cookie. ( Too cute) I'll have my tea in that one for a try ( Ha Ha) and next time , the violet teaset , please.!!! Such a happy post... and I can see that you're still smiling...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Hi Phil....It's good to know you're still around. You haven't posted in a while.

      Delete
  17. Your viola pansey collection is so special! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete