Saturday 13 July 2019

Baking and Books

I took advantage of  some cooler days this week to do some much needed baking. The Banana cake was sent along with DH for coffee time at his volunteer 'job' and the Bran muffins were for ourselves.



I love roasted tomatoes ( DH does not so these will be all for me).
One Banana bread will go into the freezer ( maybe) and the other one went home with youngest son when he left earlier today after doing some digging for me.  I had a very large patch of Sedum "Autumn Joy" which needed to be lifted, divided and 2 clumps re-planted. All done now.  A job well done deserves a reward, right?


              My lunch of leftover homemade pizza and tomatoes with basil and Feta cheese.


Well, that's what I've been doing in the kitchen.  Now for what I'm currently reading.....

                                My library books


                              A thrift store find
 

                                  My latest Miss Read



Thank you for all the lovely comments on my last post.
Debi asked what I planned to do with the berries. Most went into the freezer but we're enjoying lots just as they are.

The last chapter of my Miss Read book is awaiting me so I think I'll go sit on the swing
 on the porch and finish that lovely book.  I know many of you also enjoy her and this book is autobiographical so to me it is doubly enjoyable.

Hope you're having a good day!!    GM




13 comments:

  1. This post is all full of good things. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen that Miss Read book! I thought I'd read them all! :) Yummy post. The tomatoes and basil make the pizza a health food, right? (I love reheated pizza!) I'll have to post a few books I found at our library book sale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious looking food, the banana loaf looked particularly good. It would be so nice to sit awhile with you on your porch and enjoy a slice with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sundried tomatoes, or slow roasted. I'm waiting for my tomatoes to be ready to pick...soon I hope!
    Miss Read is a great comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have hit to try Miss Read books...I would be happy with either baked item.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I LOVE Miss Read!! I read many of hers years ago, and have wanted to go back and re-read them, but our library doesn't have any -- and I don't want to buy them all. But they are a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm, banana bread, homemade pizza, tomatoes, feta cheese... all sound so good! I'm not much on bran muffins, but yours look delicious. I've never heard of Miss Read, I may have to check our library for her books. Have a great week, G.M.! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! My husband doesn't like tomatoes at all and I love them! YUM! Hugs and blessings to you dear lady. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the baking looks yummy!
    I love "The Secret Garden", and the movie too. I'm not familiar with Miss Read books,but maybe I'll have to try to find one.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I'd love to get to know you a bit but I see you haven't started blogging yet. Maybe soon?

      Delete
  10. Your baking looks so yummy! I rarely bake in the summertime. The berries in your previous post look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking at all your delicious baking wants me to get in the kitchen and make something yummy too. But, alas, we are currently under a dangerous heat warning and the AC is struggling to keep us marginally cool so I will wait until the heat wave passes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Homemade pizza! Is it difficult to make?

    ReplyDelete