Saturday 6 July 2019

Seen on our morning walks... and a question answered


On one of our walks we saw more ducks than usual. These are half grown ones probably a second batch for Mrs. Mallard.  There were two female Wood Ducks among the bunch but I don't think  they made it into the picture.



Great Blue Heron looking for breakfast. I took this photo from the internet because the day we saw it I didn't have my camera along.


Here is a turtle coming up from the lake most probably to look for a place to lay her eggs.


And of course there are rabbits around. This little one thought if he held very still I wouldn't see him.


We're hoping to get more rain this coming week. Since the Hydrangeas are still hanging their heads down they won't be any worse off. The little bit of rain we did get wasn't nearly enough.

On the subject of Hydrangeas,  a few posts ago Connie asked me if I ever dried my Hydrangeas and I've been meaning to answer.  I used to dry them, then spray paint them. A couple of years I used them at Christmas poked into fake pine garland which went up, over, and down a 6 foot opening into the living room from the front hall.  It looked great but every time someone brushed against it even lightly dry petals would fall. 

I hope you're having a pleasant weekend.

Thanks for coming by.  GM

8 comments:

  1. I bet that garland was really beautiful! Love that first shot of the ducks with their shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you use things for decoration! How neat that you saw those birds! I hope you have a peaceful weekend! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ducks and geese! We used to live five houses from a creek that was always filled with ducks and geese. There was a walkway from one end of town to the other that I walked or biked nearly every day. Isn't it calming being out among the animals that you find on walks? Oh, and the littlest duckies, when we saw a bunch of wee ones that had to have just been born, their tiny little feet are so funny and cute to watch as they paddle paddle paddle in the water to keep up with their mama! // I bet your dried hydrangeas looked so beautiful in the greenery at Christmas! Hugs and blessings, G.M.! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once dried spray the hydrangea with a little hairspray it does help them to stay on the branch a little longer. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning walks sure are wonderful!!
    That was a lot of ducks,fantastic picture of the heron, love the turtle, and mustn't forget the rabbit either. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many ducks! They're mighty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of wildlife on your walk! I came across a vole on my walk yesterday. It seemed unusually unafraid, and kept walking toward me, which I found alarming. I squirted it with some water and walked on by quickly! The ducks are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness you have an abundance of wildlife around you... such fun to watch. This morning when I came out of Aldi there were eight or ten ducks in the parking lot and two little boys delighting in them. Alas, I didn't have my phone with me to take a photo.

    ReplyDelete