Wednesday 16 October 2019

Apple Picking and Some Thrifty buys


We went to pick apples a last time (for this year).  The only apples left to pick were Jonagolds but that's okay, we like those.  Supper dessert will be Apple Crisp today.

I didn't take my camera along but I'll post last year's picture of myself and the rest of the pics were taken by my daughter Sheila. That's her in the second photo.



                        So many pumpkins in the field. I wonder if they'll all get sold. 



                     There are animals for children to look at,  like these cute goats.


I was given this 39" square child's quilt. Not sure exactly what I'll do with it; maybe use it as a lap quilt.

This pretty quilted placemat was priced at a dollar and as a senior I got 20% off. Couldn't resist buying it.  I'll use it a lot I'm sure.


And these hand made hearts with cross-stitch hearts on them. The backing is red gingham.  These were in the Christmas area at the thrift shop but I'll have them out all year!  I love touches of red in my kitchen. I could never make anything that turned out like these and am willing to pay for the work others put into them ( although the price on these was also a dollar).

Last but not least there's this little teacup. The pattern is called Autumn. I hope you can see it clearly; I'm afraid photography is another area where I don't do so well.


Are you still with me? Maybe too many pictures today. 

 Thanks for coming by.

             Granny Marigold


23 comments:

  1. Loved today's pictures! Especially the quilted mat and throw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is Willowview Farm? I really like the pattern on that teacup. Is it the Salvation Army TS that you go to, to get the 20% off on Tuesdays? I had fun at MCC yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we went to Willowview Farm. I looked for you yesterday at the West end MCC. Today we went to drop something off at the East end MCC and just popped in for a minute. Yeah, sure. An hour passed like a few minutes. I had lots of fun!!

      Delete
    2. And senior discount day is Wednesday at the East end MCC.

      Delete
    3. I seldom go to the East MCC, and was not aware they had a seniors discount. I've been at the West Mcc on Mondays lately, to get those 50 cent deals. This coming Tuesday all the women's clothing is $1. I am very good at collecting supplies for projects I may actually never get done, and have so many different outfits for square dancing now, lol. Oh well, an inexpensive, fun morning out!

      Delete
  3. Somehow, I just knew there would be a teacup in those "thrifty buys." :~) I love the picture of those cute goats. I don't think I could resist the one on top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know where to begin...I did not see last year's post so those were new to me and I enjoyed them. Would have even if they were a repeat. Love your bargains and OH, i so love that teacup--at heart I am a teacup collector but room for them doesn't exist, so I just look and drool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the pictures, but several of them didn't show up. There was just a little question mark. Are those green pumpkins actually Hubbard squash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why the pics didn't show up. No one else seems to have had trouble so maybe your laptop was being difficult?

      Delete
  6. I like pictures, and all of your new things are fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pumpkins, pumpkins everywhere ~ I love this time of year. The quilted pieces are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No,not too many pictures. I enjoyed each one as well as the great thrift store finds! Those little hearts are precious and the teacup is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice Fall cup and saucer! It is always fun to see what bargains you buy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely still with you. I always enjoy your posts, and the pictures. Can you have too many pictures? I would love to go apple picking. That would be fun. I need to talk Poppy into going somewhere fun, for a change. There is a large pumpkin farm not far from us called Hillridge Farms. All of those finds are so pretty. I can't imaging anybody getting rid of anything quilted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You done good girl! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fun place to look around.
    Like the picture of the goats. I remember the time I had two goats follow me on my walk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mention of Jonagolds brought back a flood of memories to me. We used to visit an orchard a long long time ago where we could buy these lovely apples. Nobody else grew them. Sadly that orchard is now houses and it is years since I last ate a Jonagold.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The most fallish activities :-)

    I love that little quilt - especially the colors. I bet Jonagolds make a good crisp?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always find the best treasures! We didn't pick apples this year but we do make frequent trips to the orchard for apples, squash, cider and donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How could that be too many pictures?! I loved each one! That teacup is really nice! Very much in autumn colours! I love having read in my house as well and those hearts are really cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Willowview is the best, and there is nothing quite like picking your own apples!
    - Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Pumpkin Season! You always find the best stuff when you go shopping, GM! (HUGS!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. O i love the hand made hearts. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete