Sunday 10 November 2019

Another Walk


Often on a Sunday if the weather cooperates we choose a different walk from our normal 'around the nearby lake' walk.  This time we drove to Willband  Creek and Detention Pond.  It's a nice flat walk with gravel paths amid marsh and grassland.  Almost always an assortment of water fowl to be seen. Today was no exception. We saw Common Mergansers, Buffleheads, Widgeon, as well as the ever present Mallards and Canada Geese.  The highlight  though, was seeing the Swans. Six swans, just like in the 12 days of Christmas ( or was that supposed to be seven swans a-swimming?)





There was a bit of mist hanging around. 




Now that we're back I think I'll see if the grands want to finish off the jigsaw puzzle we've been working on.



I hope you're enjoying your Sunday.   Thanks for visiting.


Granny Marigold



12 comments:

  1. Your misty photos are so attractive, as are the swans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some nice places to walk. I looks like the kind of day that makes one glad to get back indoors, where it's warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love it when you take us on your walk...and I so love the photos with this post! They really capture the atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice place to walk. We have swans at the pond at our local hospital... they are so elegant looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful walk we had this morning. The swans are so pretty. Graceful and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a great place for a spot of birding as well as walking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like another great walking place. I like the misty pictures.
    There are NO flat places to walk where I walk. Lots of hills to go up but then I get to go down them too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your walk! it is so nice to see birds about and to hear them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The misty photos go with the change of weather but still nice you can enjoy the walks. Thanks for sharing. I have been away along time. My husband had a severe stroke. He cannot sit himself nor ever walk. You never know what to-morrow brings. I am back in blogging. My blog is Satisfaction Memories. I visit him at hospital atleast 6 days a week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos! It was five degrees here this morning. Not good walking weather, lol. Enjoy your mild weather, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pictures. What a beautiful place to walk. Girl, my hat goes off to you for attempting a puzzle. Never been my thing. But, I have a three year old grandgirl that absolutely loves to put together a puzzle and does it quite well I might add. Her daddy loves putting puzzles together too. Oh I remember the days that my granny would sit for hours and put together a puzzle. She laminated one once and even framed it. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. That walk looks good to me - if I had the right clothes! The damp is often harder to deal with than cold.

    ReplyDelete