Wednesday 20 November 2019

Butterflies


Thank you all who had suggestions to fix the font size on my blog. I think it's back to normal  now.

Margaret, who blogs at At Home In New Zealand, expressed an interest in my Butterfly 'collection'.
It started when she noticed my bookmark in one of my pictures. Those butterflies are painted by
Christopher Marley and on the back of the bookmark he identifies each one.


I also have framed butterflies mostly from other countries where they grow them a lot bigger than what we have.  All the butterflies that I have have been raised in farms and not taken from the wild.


I won't bore you with all the names but this lovely blue one is called Morpho Didius and came from Brazil.


The green one is  Papilio Blumei  and came from Sulawesi.  ( Sure hope I copied down the names correctly.  I had to stand on a chair to read the backs of the pictures.)




This is the cupboard that my DH built for this collection of mine. It hangs on the wall of the sunroom.




It's been a busy day.  I baked my Christmas cake ( pictures coming soon)  and made Split Pea Soup for supper ( which we haven't had yet).

Thanks for visiting today,


Granny Marigold



11 comments:

  1. Your butterflies are beautiful and that is a fine display case for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are gorgeous....butterflies are so beautiful. You sure have a nice collection of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely collection of butterflies! That blue one is just gorgeous, as is the cupboard that your husband built for you to use to disply the butterflies on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have quite a collection of butterflies. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't think of anything more beautiful to collect than butterflies. That blue! Wow! I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your Christmas cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the pictures of your butterflies, what an interesting hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful butterflies! Thank you for the tip about making oat flour of the rolled oat flakes, it makes it much easier to use. I look forward to see your Christmas cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The butterflies are beautiful. That is such a pretty shade of blue on the first one. You sure have a nice husband to always be building shelves and display cases for your pretty things. That's so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the iridescent wings on the blue butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a lovely collection of butterflies and a great place to display them! Nancy

    ReplyDelete