Wednesday 13 November 2019

Two More Walks and another Squirrel Tale


Yesterday when I walked I saw the Eagle up in the usual tree. It was eating what I assume was a fish.
The other Eagle wasn't around, or at least I didn't see it.



This morning the world looked very different. The fog was thick and the view was amazing!!



I don't think I posted these pictures of yet  another squirrel trying its best to get at the suet feeder. 
Like the previous one this little character finally had to give up. Last time the squirrel was a grey one but we have both grey and black ones around. I have no idea if they are separate species. I guess I should try to find out.  ( I really need to clean up around my garden shed!).



A quick trip to the thrift store this morning yielded no teacups, just more reading material. I WAS making progress on my waiting-to-be-read book stack but now it grew again.   Now I have the breadmaker going and  later I'll do some baking. Maybe use some of the glace fruit I bought. Some of you wondered if I was going to make fruit cake. I haven't decided but first I'll make my Christmas Stollen ( a fruit bread traditionally eaten at Christmas in German households). Here's a picture off the internet. My recipe makes 5 or 6 of these loaves.



Thanks for coming by,

                   Granny Marigold



17 comments:

  1. I do like Stollen, but have never been brave enough to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that Eagle is impressive. I've never seen one out in the wild. Magestic. Again a lovely walk with you, the misty fog picture is so pretty, quiet and calm. I've never made fruitcake. I like fruitcake, I can't say the rest of my gang would eat it. Their loss :). I saw one in the Vermont Catalog I'm thinking of ordering. Mine all mine :). LOL the your German bread looks pretty good too, I like the different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy to follow your walks! Nature is beautiful in all kind of weather. The eagles are amazing! I am sure your Christmas stollen will be good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures of your misty walk.
    Great capture of the eagle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum....that stollen looks delicious. I'd love to have a neighbor making five or six loaves of that!!! Love your foggy pictures ….. so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a good day! Any day we see and eagle, even if it is just flying, we consider it a wonderful day...well, that was yesterday. but it makes me happy for two or three days. I never thought I would live to be able to see eagles fairly often.

    I love your foggy shots, specially that first one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought of you at MCC yesterday morning. Two beautiful teacups and saucers for $.50 each. I would love the stollen, as I always loved fruit and nuts in bread. But, we no longer eat bread at home, and I actually donated my breadmaker to the thrift store yesterday. If I ever want one again I can always find one there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of fog in the early morning hours. It's best if you don't have to drive in it though. I'm happy you found a way to keep the pesky squirrels out of the bird feeder. They would eat all the seed. Your Christmas Stollen looks delicious. It is nice to have special holiday recipe's. Those Eagles are majestic looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never tried Stollen, but it looks delicious. The squirrel antics must make you laugh - I guess they will never give up trying to reach the suet :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you got some great shots of the Eagle. I sometimes like foggy day pictures, too! A large red-tailed hawk was perched in an old dead tree today when we took our walk. I didn't have my camera. I know better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful misty day! I never get tired of eagles! Bread baking sounds like a pleasant occupation this time of year. I may have to buy some ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That foggy photo looks very Novembery. When we lived in Michigan there was a huge Christmas shop called Bronner's that we enjoyed visiting. I still have fond memories of the delicious stollen we brought home from there. It was so good toasted with butter melting on top.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving your foggy photos. I view the squirrels as pests and they chase away the birds... so I'm not a fan. We have a couple of chipmunks scooting in and out of our woodpile and I think they are fun to watch, they get along with the birds and they aren't piggish like the squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to see your Christmas baking!!! Books are a blessing! Sending love to you 💝😊

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always enjoy your posts. You make we want to try baking different things for the holiday...and I'm not a good baker. :) That fruit bread really looks good. Squirrels are so funny! I love to watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is that a large vein of marzipan running through the center of your stöllen?! I haven't had a slice of that sort of Christmas bread for many years... maybe I should rectify that situation this season.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The bread looks good. I'm looking forward to hear how it turned out. Phil

    ReplyDelete