Friday 13 December 2019

A Lovely Afternoon


It is my daughter Sheila's last day of holidays and it has become a tradition that every year we visit local shops to browse and admire all the pretties.  This first shop was a tea shop and at first we wondered if we'd go in but I peeked in the window and saw displays of teacups ( with price tags hanging from them) so of course we HAD to go in.






These  cookies were so pretty but I think they would have been very hard!


As we were leaving I took this picture of the window display.
 

We walked half a block to the next store. More expensive pretty things!




Then on to a nursery just out of town. This old bath tub just outside the door caught my eye.


There are 2 cats that have been part of that place for no less than 17 years!!! They love to be patted and picked up too.




I wish I'd have moved that ugly thing on the right. It does nothing to enhance the picture. But isn't this big guy adorable?


I didn't find a single thing that I wanted to buy until this last shop. When I saw the small reindeer I knew it would be perfect to put  beside the big one that I bought at a garage sale ( or maybe a thrift store) earlier in the year. 

We came back here and had a lovely tea ( using Christmas teacups). Now she's gone home and I'm about to put my weary feet and relax.


Thanks for visiting,



G.M.

15 comments:

  1. I just got your comment on my blog about being old...I hope everyone gets tickled at it and does not take offense....what I actually thought when I was writing that was that she seemed much younger than me...I am 64. In her actions. But she was just so energetic, and just seemed to flit about. I have thought about her through the years so much...I cannot even remember which street she lived on, but have always wondered what happened to her. I so regret not getting to know her better. She was sure a character.
    *********
    That shop sure had a lot of teacups! I would have had fun just looking at them. I have been wishing I could go browse in a junk store but just don't get to do much like that any more. Maybe that is why I love seeing what other people see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No teacup purchase for you today? I was sure you were going to tell us you found a pretty that needed to go home with you! Those cats are precious. What a lovely way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I wouldn't know what to pick from all those cups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to special shops is fun even when we don't buy anything, but especially when we find that one perfect item.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that shop with the tea cups and tea pots. I don't think I would have been able to walk out without something there. And those sweet kitties. I'm missing ours. We lost both of them in the past year. I love that the shop kitties like to snuggle.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely outing to have with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful tradition you and Sheila have! Do you also go to lunch too or stop for a tea somewhere?

    I drooled over the teacup displays! Having pets mind the store makes businesses seem a bit more comfy, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely excursion you had with S. Your photos of the shop with all the teacups are simply gorgeous! I can only imagine the price of them though in comparison to the fantastic deals you have gotten at your thrift stores! And those cats...it looks like they posed for you - each on their own side of the one display! Thank you for sharing your day with us.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cats really were posed perfectly! I guess after that many years, they know how to set up a good photo op for guests :)
      - Sheila

      Delete
  9. What a fun outing! I like the tea cups hanging from the ribbons. You could collect some (although I'm sure you probably have some already) Christmas tea cups and hang them from an appropriate coloured ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charming to have (long-lived) shop cats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sound like a wonderful way to spend some time with your daughter.
    Lots of tea cups there!! Almost as many as in your collection. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you had a lovely day with your daughter. That teacup shop looks great! And how fun with the two cats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you exercised a lot of restraint buying just the little reindeer. How could you resist the "white rat" posing next to the cat, lol! Lots of pretty things. Sounds like a delightful wander with your daughter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know what you mean about putting your feet up! Those are some very pretty kitty cats.

    ReplyDelete