Friday 9 April 2021

Various Projects

 A few weeks ago eldest daughter called to say she had gotten for free a sort of cupboard that she herself couldn't use but maybe I could. She even volunteered to paint it for me if I didn't want it dark wood. How nice is that?  This is the before picture and....

....here it is painted my new favourite colour and set up beside my garden shed. Just to the right is an awfully messy area of pots and bags of soil etc.. The box immediately to the right of my new cupboard has soil in it too.  I am looking forward to finding pretty garden-related things to display on those shelves.


DH and youngest son have been busy building cedar planter boxes. The one in the background against the swing is middle son's for the hot peppers he likes to grow.  The square one will be given to a certain person on Mother's Day. I've been told she reads my blog but rarely comments. *smile*

Finally, this planter is in the front yard next to our parking area. I plan on growing Morning Glories on that trellis. 


When I began this post I stopped to think if I should use eldest or oldest when referring to my daughter. I looked it up and this is what I discovered.


 Both eldest and oldest refer to the greatest in age. The crucial difference, however, lies in the fact that eldest can only be used for related persons, while oldest can be used for any person, place or thing in a group of related or unrelated elements.

 

Thanks for visiting  today,  GM

23 comments:

  1. Lots of fun projects going on there. You will have fun filling those new shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupboard is gorgeous and I really love the new color. The planter boxes are really beautiful too - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned something, too! I didn't know the distinction but now I will be careful to use the terms precisely! What lovely cedar boxes. I hear cedar will last and last, and not rot. That interesting dresser looks gorgeous in its new turquoise-y shade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up on you here!!! Neat about the multi-family house and the cabinet gardens and flowers 🥰🌸💗

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your new cupboard....especially with the new paint job. and those planting boxes are gorgeous. What beautiful additions to your house and yard. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I never knew that before, about eldest and oldest. Interesting.
    What a pretty colour your new unit has been painted. I'm sure you will have fun finding things for those shelves :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new cupboard...lovevthe color you chose, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Painted Cupboard and Planters look very good G.M. You are certainly getting ready for Summer. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a difference! I love the new color. Your husband and son makes beautiful planter boxes. I look forward to see your garden when summer comes and it is filled with flowers and plants! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a difference a coat of paint makes, it looks amazing. Love the planters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty cupboard, I love the color. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a very useful, and attractive cupboard. you can put all those gardeny bits and pieces hidden in the drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my that cabinet turned out really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a transformation of that cabinet... it's gorgeous! I love the color! I can't wait to see it when you find those decorative pieces you will be looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a difference after that piece was painted - looks great.
    Beautiful planter boxes!!
    Didn't know the difference in elder and oldest - interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goodness, you have all been very industrious....I absolutely love your new cupboard - the paint job sure looks great!
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of talent in your family. The painted cabinet looks lovely and the planter boxes are so pretty and practical too. I am always shocked at how much a coat of paint changes everything.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  18. planting morning glories as well first time. Cabinet was pretty before, and after WOW! Very nice planter boxes, they look sturdy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Zie het al helemaal voor me: bloembak met Morning Glorie met honderden blauwe klokbloemen.

    En je kast kreeg werkelijk een metamorfose, werkelijk een plaatje!

    Fijne zondag,
    Ger

    ReplyDelete
  20. That cupboard turned out so pretty. I would have been bringing it into the house and filling it with quilts :) Love the planter boxes too. They did a beautiful job on them. Morning glories will look wonderful growing up that trellis; I'm a big fan of morning glories. I especially like old fashioned flowers like morning glories, holly hocks, daisies, sunflowers and zinnias. I hate to admit it but at times I even find beauty in the simple weed we call the dandelion :)
    God bless you, sweet friend,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Look at those projects you have going on there! Girl, I wish I had your energy. The cupboard turned out such a pretty color. WOW! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's a good piece of grammar to know! The plant boxes are really nice - they do very fine work. And the new cabinet is cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just catching here - I’m glad “eldest” is correct because I’ve always got a kick out of you calling me that 😊. Your blog is always an interesting read and enjoyable, thank for that.

    ReplyDelete