Thursday 27 January 2022

No Fog Today


Today dawned sunny,cold, and bright...no fog! I love how the leaves look covered with frost.

This twisted old tree is still very much alive, at least it was last year. I have to admire it every time I walk by.


That flock of birds was there again and I remembered to bring my binoculars. They look like House Finches to me.

Doesn't this Eagle look grumpy?

(Photo courtesy of my DIL)


For some time now I've been unable to reply to any questions that have been posted in comments. I'm going to try Karen's system ( Happy One) who answers any questions at the end of her post. It's a good alternative and besides, who knows if anyone actually goes back to check for an answer.

Aritha....The little green bits that are poking up from my Hellebores may be buds... or leaves.

Betsy....Yes, I agree that fog is pretty but I'm sure thankful for clear skies today.

Debi...No, I didn't make that doily. I have no talent for handwork but I love finding such treasures at thrift stores.

Today's teacup


 Thanks for visiting today,  GM

18 comments:

  1. Love all of these photos. The frost, tree and grumpy eagle! :-) Another pretty teacup and doily.
    Have a lovely day!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for clear skies! The sun broke through here about 11:00.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like your first photograph, and how the leaves look covered with frost.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cup and saucer looks like it could be right out of Gone With the Wind movie set. Gorgeous.

    Frosty...pretty photo. And eagles always look grumpy to me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. The leaves look so pretty covered in frost.
    That is a neat looking old tree.
    The eagle does look grumpy. :)
    I've answered comments at the end of my blog like that for years - it works great for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always like those pictures of frost on the leaves. And eagles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool tree! I answer questions in comments often like you just did! That teacup is so dramatic 🤩

    ReplyDelete
  8. What mystical pictures! I love them all!

    The eagle reaaly looks grumpy :)

    I love the ice on the leaves.

    The old tree is like an old humal being-symbol - -

    And now a warm cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely.

    Fierce eagle! He looks noble.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I try to reply to most comments but I also wondered if anyone ever sees them! I agree that the eagle does look a tad grumpy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your teacup with the pansies and blooms in it! Or maybe they are Johnny Jump-Ups? What gorgeous photos you captured. All are beautiful but that one with the frost on the leaves (hoarfrost?) really captured my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This woukdchave to be one of my favorites if your teacups! Great eagle photo...I thinkmthey always have a stern look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous collection of photos, and yes the eagle does look a bit grumpy lol. Have a fantastic Friday and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely that skeleton tree looks against the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gigantic eagle... I wish you happy walks.
    Greetings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVELY pictures! So beautiful! Love that eagle :)
    Have a great Sunday and take care...
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have lots of eagles around here, but we never get tired of exclaiming, "Look! An eagle!" :)
    We've also had a large flock of redpolls visiting my sunflower seed feeder. They seem to enjoy throwing the seeds all over the ground. I just got some new binoculars (cheap Walmart ones) so I can see the birds better. :) Enjoy your nature!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your first picture of the frosty leaves!

    ReplyDelete