Sunday 27 November 2022

Sunday Chit Chat

 I hung a swag on the front door. I gathered some greens and wired them together then eldest daughter added the pretty bow and pine cones.

 

We had a lovely walk by Fish Trap Creek in the early morning when the sky was still clear; now clouds have moved in and rain and/or snow flurries are possible for tonight and all the coming week. 

 



Tomorrow is daughter Sheila's birthday and we'll be getting together to celebrate this afternoon.
I made another tiramisu as well as making some special cookies. This time I used cream cheese instead of mascarpone in the tiramisu and I'm curious how the taste and texture will be different.


Thank you for all the lovely comments that you leave.  Diane had a question about the 2 kittens in my last post. The all black kitten is quite a few months older than the black and white one that our own Miss Kitty presented us with. 

I hope you're having a pleasant Sunday,  GM    


 



14 comments:

  1. Hi GM! Oh, those cookies look just delicious! I know you're expecting snow. My mom is hoping the weather forecasters are wrong! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your daughter! Have a fun get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies look delicious and I love the swag that you made for your door.
    Think I'll try that myself. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fine salute on your door!
    What a clear sky and water! O you expect rain and snow with storm !! ? Here in the Bavarian Forest we had today some fog in the morning and in the evening. We expect grey days next week. Best wishes for your daughter! You made lovely cakes. It will be a big win!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happiest of Birthdays to your Sheila. The goodies you made look scrumptious! Thanks for the info on the older brother kitty. they're both so cute. I love the black and white one. Reminds me of a few we used to have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very pretty swag for your front door and even more special because you made it with your daughter. Happy Birthday to Sheila tomorrow. The treats that you made for the celebration will really be appreciated. They look delicious.
    We've spent all day, every day since Wednesday at our daughters house visiting with our kids from London. It's SO good to have time together. We have two more full days before they leave and I intend to enjoy them as much as possible.
    Take care and stay warm.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your swag is very pretty, and the cookies all look delicious. We went for a walk this afternoon, too, in the dry weather! Who knows what the week will bring?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What pretty reflections you captured in your lake photo. Hope your daughter's birthday celebrations go well, and all your delicious-looking baking disappears to the sounds of YUMMMMMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice lake photos. .And those cookies look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fish Trap Creek couldn't have looked more lovely. What a beautiful place to walk to enjoy nature. The swag is lovely, and such a great look. And talk about great looks...those cookies look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your door decoration and your cookies looks delicious and reminds me I must make some.

    ReplyDelete