Thursday 25 May 2023

Thursday in the Park

 The goose families in the park seem to have joined together and they herd their big bunch around on the grass.  I suppose there is safety in numbers although I don't know what threat there is for them to fear. An angry goose can scare away most predators.



We saw this turtle crawling up on a rock to sun itself.....then later we saw one on the grass. Was it a female laying eggs?  In the grass?   Or was it just out for a stroll?
 

It's hard to see but there's a mama duck with her ducklings in among the lily pads. I hope she can keep them safe.


After we got back and DH left for Gleaners I did some housework then finished my Miss Read book that I received for Mother's Day.  I enjoyed it a lot and was sorry to be finished. 

Thank you all for letting me know what kind of tree it is. I'll watch in Fall to see if it has Horse Chestnuts.


Granny M

13 comments:

  1. I am just finishing a Miss Read book too....mine is "Miss Clare Remembers"...I've really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe all those geese are extended family, and the cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents just like to be together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen an angry goose and been chased by an angry swan - neither are particularly nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice shots

    what a huge turtle!

    I saw the ducklings right away. The lily pads are pretty, though some people don't seem to like them. Do they clog up the ponds or something?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the baby ducks!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a LOT of geese! I wouldn't want to get one of them angry at me. They can be pretty formidable. You certainly see lots of interesting things on your walks. I always find the Gleaners group that your husband is in as very interesting. I wonder if there is something like that here? Hmmm. Something to check into. Have a wonderful Friday.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice seeing the turtle and that sure is a lot of geese. One big happy family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a big family of geese! Perhaps they are headed off on a picnic. Have a good weekend, Granny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Canada Geese are well known for combining families when raising their goslings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely to see all this beautiful bird wildlife! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geese can be mean! Turtles are laying eggs this time of year...we even get them up here and we are about 1,000 feet from the lake:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww....I like the photo of the mama duck and her babies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The goose families are so cute it nice to see Spring babies everywhere !

    ReplyDelete