Friday, 31 July 2026

Friday Chit Chat

 Here we are at the end of a hot and dry month. We'll all be welcoming August and hoping for less record-setting temperatures I'm sure.  I'm not superstitious (I've heard it's unlucky to change your calendar page before time) and I changed mine to the August page which has the words Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful along with a pretty bunch of flowers.  I wonder how many still use an actual paper calendar!! I'd be lost without mine. All the birthdays and anniversaries are on it and it's in a prominent place in my kitchen. I suppose most younger folks rely on their phones but this granny is not that up-to-date.

 

When I'm done working (puttering) outside I come in and continue the slow task of cleaning each teacup and setting it back in place. I've finished another area and now I'm working on.....




...these shelves out on the porch.  It's an on-going project.


One last picture. It's my GD Kate's precious dog Maple who loves vegetables. I got her a cucumber and Kate sent me a photo of her ( Maple, not Kate) enjoying it.


 Thanks for visiting.

 

 



23 comments:

  1. What a beautiful teacup collection you have, my friend. And I do still have a paper calendar hanging in our kitchen, but when it comes to birthdays and appointments and such, I keep everything in my planner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your teacup collection is wonderful! All those beautiful cups, but it must be quite a job to clean them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not turning over my calendar page before the first of the month is my one and only superstition! -Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am a great putter-er! I do a bit of that each day, little jobs that no one notices. Your tea cup collection is just beautiful… it’s a big job to keep them up, a job that I bet you enjoy…lovely to associate memories and admire the beauty of each one. The tea cup theory is delightful, find joy in small things…great advice.
    Happy August First, this will be a lovely month, I’m sure.
    Thank you and wishing you breezes and many blessings, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Virginia, You're right about my enjoying my tea cups💖.
      I think Kate will see your comment on Maple but in case she doesn't I'll tell her when she comes over.

      Delete
  5. I forgot to comment on Maple…not the syrup….something sweeter…Maple is precious! xo, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only recently given up a paper calendar but I have a large diary/day timer open on the table all the time in which I write everything I need to remember. I have a collection of tea cups and teapots, some I have inherited and those are very special for their connection to loved ones. Washing them seems like a chore beforehand but then I enjoy it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, Sounds like we share a love of tea pots and tea cups!!!

      Delete
  7. I have a paper calendar in my kitchen too...I need it so I can see things at a glance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, would be lost without the calendar on my fridge (and my address book). Washing all those teacups is a big job! Too funny about the dog liking cucumbers....years back we had a foal who refused to eat an apple but loved onions.
    Ellabie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hoping for cooler weather too, after the month we've had. I have a paper calendar too. It's in a planner book so I can through it in our camping bin and take it along when we leave home. It has all of our important stuff in in like doctor contacts, prescriptions we take and a few other things we might need. Your teacups are all so beautiful. So pretty and delicate.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure have a beautiful tea cup collection. I still have a paper calendar too. I had a dog who liked veggies too and she was also a Lab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We did have some hot days but some really nice days. We have also had a fair amount of rain.
    But August is starting off humid.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow....you and all your pretty teacups...they are amazing but look llike a lot of work! It's a labor of love, right? I am happy to see August arrive too. Our temps are looking like 70s for the first half of the month....I like that...although it will be cold here soon enough. I have a small desk calendar, which I flip the page over each day....it has all the birthdays noted with pictures of the birthday people and spiritual writing for each day. I have been using it for years, and when I get a card with pretty sparkles on it, I remove them and attach them to various pages on my daily calendar. It's getting plumper, filled with all the pretty additions I have added. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We also use a paper calendar. Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here it is Sunday already and I just found your Friday most. :-/ I like the Teacup Theory. I will try to practice it. And thanks for reminding me to change my calendar pages, I have two hanging ones, and than a weekly planner right on my kitchen counter. If it isn't written on that planning calendar, it might not happen. Of course we both have phone calendars too and try to keep them all updated.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful cups you have! I have downsized my collection, but the ones i have are unfortunately hidden in a cupboard. I love your display.
    That dog is so funny! Cucumbers! Who would have thought it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a paper calendar and still use a paper monthly planner. I love to make a list :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Much of my work is in an electronic calendar but I use a paper calendar for myself. I'll never give it up. You have so many nice spaces to showcase your tea cups. Kate's dog is adorable eating the cucumber.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have a beautiful tea cup collection.
    Sweet picture of Maple enjoying the cucumber.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty teacup collection! I used to collect little cat figurines, (sp!), and I still have some, but gave a lot to my granddaughter. Now I have my mom's Occupied Japan
    figurines in her curio cabinet. She loved to hunt for hem when we shopped "junk shops". It's the "thrill of the hunt", eh!?

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely post . . . love all of your gorgeous tea cups, but I wouldn't like the job of washing them up and putting them back in their place :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Our Spanky loved green peppers! Thank you for checking in on me, just been out of it with the heat, and getting over whatever I had in June. Looking forward to fall without a doubt.

    ReplyDelete